Embassy report: Afghan visa in Dushanbe

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
JnKln

Embassy report: Afghan visa in Dushanbe

Postby JnKln » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:12 am

June 2018
German Passport
80USD/7 days or 130USD/3 days

I went to apply for an afghan tourist visa in Dushanbe with a private Invitation from a friend of mine in Kabul. I still got refused.

The embassy doesn't except private invitations, only official LOIs by Afghanistans ministry of interior. They also offer tourist visas if you hand in a letter of no objections. Of course the german embassy doesn't issue those.

If you apply in Khorog it is 150USD/7 days without LOI or questions but there is no way to connect from Fayzabad to Kabul since Taliban action heavily increased around Kunduz and even within Badakhshan. Regular flights between Fauzabad and Kabul aren't operating for years.

I still recommend Islamabad as a place for a straight forewards afghan visa process (80USD/2 days)

- Jan
1 x

TJEFF

Re: Embassy report: Afghan visa in Dushanbe

Postby TJEFF » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:00 am

Got the same response today. Need either Letter of no Objection from your embassy or official LOI from Afghan government. No debating it.
2 x

Leonico90

Re: Embassy report: Afghan visa in Dushanbe

Postby Leonico90 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:04 pm

July 2019

Tried to get Afghanistan visas with Italian and UK passports. Was told that we needed to be Tajik citizens or have a letter of pre-authorisation from Kabul.
2 x