Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
t3nchi

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by t3nchi »

thl989 wrote:
t3nchi wrote:
How will the downloaded attachment be used?
It said you can present it in printed or electronic form, which I take to mean you can present it on your smartphone. There is a QR code so I don't think it will be a problem.

Looks like someone else had the wrong date issue though.

Also note mine was issued with a start date of 15/7, 90 day validity (30 day visa), even though I entered a start date later than that. Worth knowing for some of you planning trips in October (frankly you shouldn't be bothering with this system at the moment if your trip is in October!)
Thanks.
0 x

t3nchi

Post by t3nchi »

charlenetsl wrote:
Pietjepuk wrote:- I went to the official website: E-visa.gov.uz
- I filled in the form on Google Chrome browser
- Made a picture of the first page of my passport with my phone
- Made a selfie with a white background
- used the 'id photo studio app' to make the right size/passphoto style
- got email to activate the account
- payed with visa
- checked the status (its processing)

Easy! Took 15 minutes, in 3 days I hope to receive my visa.

Hi Pietjepuk,

I also paid successfully on the website. However if I click "Application Status", application code is required. I did not receive any confirmation email after making payment, nor there is any application code sent . The only code I received is the activation code/link before making payment.

Do you mean you received an application code after payment is done?

I tried to use the activation code to check the "Application status", however it shows Russian "Анкета активирована" which I guess it only means activated not processing? 

thanks.
After I paid, my status was "Payment made".
0 x

veloman

Post by veloman »

charlenetsl wrote:
veloman wrote:OK, after countless times or tries, I finally managed to apply, activate, and pay for the visa. Some of the tips/hardship that I have to go through:
1. Make sure your photos smaller than the size requirement. I followed the instruction of another user to download the Passport Photo app to my ipad. This app allows you to choose Uzbekistan's passport photo size. For the photo of your passport, you do have to make it under 1mb. I believe this was the reason that I was stuck at the Gapcha part.

2. On the activation part, you will need to enter your email to receive a 30plus character activation code. Once you received the email, you will go though another gapcha to the next page to enter the activation code. This can get tricky too. I tried copy and paste and then re-entered again and again a few times in order to get through. You do need to include the hyphens within the activation code.

3. The payment part was the easiest. It only accepts VISA tho.

Now is just the waiting for the e-visa to arrive. Hopefully, is gonna come within 3 days as stated. Will update. Good luck to all.

Did you get another confirmation email after payment is done? I didnt, so I am worried that it might not be processed.
but I got bank's confirmation that it was paid.

Thanks.
No I didn’t. I checked my credit card and the payment is pending
0 x

gunther

Post by gunther »

For the people who made the payment: what does your status say exactly? Mine says "Анкета активирована" which Google translates as "the questionnaire is activated". Does this mean that the visa is being processed? My credit card has been charged yesterday.
0 x

maximevince

Post by maximevince »

yesterday it was the same as you but today it is this : Отправленна на обработку
and that means : sent for processing

so just be patient..
1 x

unshod

Post by unshod »

Has anyone had a reasonable phone or email interaction with their customer support?

I've had two "failed" payments that were both seen and cleared by my CC company - I hesitate to keep burning up twenties.
0 x

travelista

Post by travelista »

Hi all,

No matter how many times I've tried to apply for an e-visa, it keeps saying that my photos are not compliant (which they definitely are). I'm not sure what to do given that I booked a tour to Uzbekistan that starts on August 3rd (and I leave for France in three days). So, my option to get a visa the old-fashioned way is gone. Any pointers? I've tried using different browsers too (Chrome, Firefox, Safari). Help!
0 x

gunther

Post by gunther »

travelista wrote:Hi all,

No matter how many times I've tried to apply for an e-visa, it keeps saying that my photos are not compliant (which they definitely are). I'm not sure what to do given that I booked a tour to Uzbekistan that starts on August 3rd (and I leave for France in three days). So, my option to get a visa the old-fashioned way is gone. Any pointers? I've tried using different browsers too (Chrome, Firefox, Safari). Help!
It is essential that the picture size of your pass photo is 413x531 pixels.
0 x

t3nchi

Post by t3nchi »

travelista wrote:Hi all,

This is what I did.

Downloaded "passport sized photo editor" in Playstore. Took a picture of myself against a white background (important) on phone. Use app, select Uzbekistan in the country options (yes, that option helps size your photo exactly!). The app will do a check on size and background color. In my case, my background was not white enough so I said screw it, paid $3 to get the app's background remover option which helped my photo become compliant. App runs a check again, photo is good for Uzbekistan.
1 x

Khanabadosh

Post by Khanabadosh »

unshod wrote:Has anyone had a reasonable phone or email interaction with their customer support?

I've had two "failed" payments that were both seen and cleared by my CC company - I hesitate to keep burning up twenties.
This is the one thing that I have been wondering about at well. I tried to pay 4 times. The fifth went through but then came back as 'failed.' But it is pending on my credit card, and my status is (and has been) "sent for processing" since the 15th. So, I'd like to say that you and I are both on track and just need to wait. But then, today is day three, not counting the day of submission. I'm at about the 72 hour mark.
0 x