Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Aliatt

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by Aliatt »

Well I tried one more time and got through to the payment screen. I had been copying and pasting the activation code, but this time I used the link. I have paid my $20 (I think!) and received a message just saying 'payment successful'. No mention of what happens next but I shall wait patiently with my fingers crossed.
1 x

VFok

Post by VFok »

Here's my report on getting the e-visa.

I followed the instructions that was written out. For the pictures, I followed the suggested dimensions and had a white background. For the passport photo, i just used my phone to take a picture and made the background white. No problems uploading both of them. Everything went smoothly until I got to the payment. For the longest time, I was unable to go to the payment page. When I clicked on the Visa icon, the page just wouldn't load and an error message always popped up. Finally, I used my Android phone with Chrome to logon and I was able to make the payment there. I even received an email saying the payment was received. I applied on the 31 and I finally got it today on the 3rd. A little over the 72 hour time frame but I was so relieved to have finally got it. Also, I applied with my US passport and only paid $20 USD like everyone else that is eligible so no bias against Americans and no need to pay the ridiculous $160 if you applied at an embassy like in the past. Hope this little info helps and especially to Americans who are uncertain about the evisa cost.
1 x

Lennart

Post by Lennart »

Aliatt wrote:Well I tried one more time and got through to the payment screen. I had been copying and pasting the activation code, but this time I used the link. I have paid my $20 (I think!) and received a message just saying 'payment successful'. No mention of what happens next but I shall wait patiently with my fingers crossed.
Happy to hear that it worked with a gmail address for you too and interesting that the link worked for you while I had to copy-paste :)
From the moment I paid, it took approx. 48h hours until I received - guess what - another link to finally download the visa pdf without further hassle.
fingers crossed!

edit: they charged $20 resp. 17€ in my case.
0 x

jakubpanek

Post by jakubpanek »

Hi,

e-visa system is working. https://e-visa.gov.uz/
you must upload b photo of your passport and passport photo. Its cost 20 $. it is possible to pay online only by visa card!
in three days you get your visa.

I did it week ago a worked great.

Good luck!

Jakub
0 x

jacopo_gago

Post by jacopo_gago »

Hi everyone

I have been trying several times today to apply.
Everything went well until the payment.
I tried with three different cards (all Visas of course) and I kept getting this error after clicking on PROCEED.

An error occurred while making payment. Check that data is entered correctly and try again.

Any idea why?
0 x

Travelmates

Post by Travelmates »

Hi all,

Since we're not 100% sure about the exact date on which we'd like to enter Uzbekistan from Tajikistan, we're also not sure about which arrival date to fill in during the e-visa application.

The notification on the specific page says: 'Choose the supposed time of stay in the Republic of Uzbekistan'

So, I guess it isn't that important which dates you fill in, as long as the duration doesn't pass the 30 days (and the departure date is known)?

Thanks in advance for your help
0 x

Belteral

Post by Belteral »

Travelmates wrote:Hi all,

Since we're not 100% sure about the exact date on which we'd like to enter Uzbekistan from Tajikistan, we're also not sure about which arrival date to fill in during the e-visa application.

The notification on the specific page says: 'Choose the supposed time of stay in the Republic of Uzbekistan'

So, I guess it isn't that important which dates you fill in, as long as the duration doesn't pass the 30 days (and the departure date is known)?

Thanks in advance for your help
I confirm, it is not important.
Upon confirmation you will get a visa with a validity period of 90 days starting from the application date (i.e. the date on which you completed the online form).
As long as your stay is within this period it should be fine.
0 x

thijsbroekkamp

Post by thijsbroekkamp »

Crazydre wrote:Regarding the 5-day visa-free transit: it has to be on Uzbekistan airways, for your knowledge!
Hi, how do you know this? Do you have anymore specific information about this?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

thijsbroekkamp wrote:
Crazydre wrote:Regarding the 5-day visa-free transit: it has to be on Uzbekistan airways, for your knowledge!
Hi, how do you know this? Do you have anymore specific information about this?
CrazyDre is a visa expert who checks the Timatic website that airlines use. Have a look at the Timatic website yourself to confirm.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

msk166

Post by msk166 »

Just a quick note to say that I was successful in receiving my confirmation and download of the PDF/visa. Apart from the numerous glitches on the site itself, it was a fairly straightforward process. Seemed to work best in Firefox for me, FWIW, on a Macbook.
0 x