Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
olmo

Validity and Exit Date e-Visa Uzbekistan

Postby olmo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:07 am

Apparently you must leave before the 90 day validity expires! I'm forwarding from Dominik who posted this in Cycling Whatsapp group:

#####
So here is our experience with the validity dates on Uzbek e-visas. So far Caravanistan has been a reliable source of information but in this case they're outright wrong (as of 17th October anyway - screenshot attached)
The validity of the Uzbek e-visa is 90 days from the application date. In our case we applied on 19th July hence the validity ended on 17th October. According to Caravanistan we could have entered even on the 17th and would have had the full 30 days of our visas.
In fact we entered on 6th October and were under the impression that we would be allowed to stay until early November. We actually intended to leave the country on October 18th, 1 day after the validity date had passed.
At the border we were told our visas were invalid as we had stayed beyond the validity date.
So in fact the last day of validity is the last day one is allowed in Uzbekistan!

They told us to apply for an exit visa at the nearest OVIR office. In our case this was in Bukhara.
At OVIR they admitted that the wording about validity dates might be misleading. Still it was our fault and we had to appear in front of a judge the next day to get a sentence about the exact fine we would have to pay for overstaying. We learnt that the fine is always a multiple of the monthly minimum wage in Uzbekistan which is 184,300 Som (about 22.50 USD / as of October 2018). The maximum would have been 50x that amount (9,215,000 Som / 1,125 USD). For us it turned out to be 2x the monthly minimum wage hence 368,600 Som (45 USD) each.
Additionally there's a 40 USD fee for the issuance of an exit visa. The validity of the exit visa is up to the whim of the OVIR officers. As far as we understood it can be anything from 1 to 7 days. We asked for 4 days and were granted 3 days. The price would've always been the same regardless of the actual duration.
All in all solving the whole matter took about 2 full days. Without the outstanding help of some incredible people, namely a Polish Franciscan monk, a retired interpreter and a lady at the OVIR it might have easily taken much longer.

I'm running short on mobile data but if there's anyone with a contact at Caravanistan or an account for the respective forum - feel free to pass on this information.
#####
2 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Postby steven » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:30 am

Hi Olmo, very sorry to hear that. Re-reading what I wrote there, I can see where you got the idea. Apologies, I slipped up there. I now added a couple of extra lines to clarify.

Please let me know if you think it is clear enough now.

Apologies for the trouble caused, we try to do our best to make it clear to everyone what the rules are, giving out information and answering questions for free in a bid to keep people out of trouble. But we make mistakes.
0 x
I read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Dylanvienet

Uzbek E-Visa question.

Postby Dylanvienet » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:55 pm

Hello all,

I am returning to Central Asia next year in April. I know that it's possible to get two e-visas for Uzbekistan as long as you apply for the second one while in Uzbekistan.

I would like to spend a night in Mazar E Sharif and for obvious security reasons, would not like to be stuck in Afghanistan with the wrong visa to return to Uzbekistan.

I am curious to see if anyone has successfully done this journey with two e-visas seeing as it will save time and money getting a multiple entry visa at an embassy.

Also, has anyone got the security situation in Mazar E Sharif and Balkh. I have always understood it to be a safer part of Afghanistan but would like to hear peoples views and experiences.

Best regards,
Dylan
0 x

kunibald

Re: Uzbek E-Visa question.

Postby kunibald » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:49 am

Getting a multiple entry was 50 dollars (in Bishkek), two e-visa would be 42 dollars. So to be safe a paper visa would be still an option?
0 x

mvv

Postby mvv » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:07 am

Is anybody having problems with payment? I got the activation link, followed to the payment page with VISA logo, but when I click on it I get
"An error while making a payment"
0 x

Dylanvienet

Re: Uzbek E-Visa question.

Postby Dylanvienet » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:26 pm

kunibald wrote:Getting a multiple entry was 50 dollars (in Bishkek), two e-visa would be 42 dollars. So to be safe a paper visa would be still an option?

Only just saw this post. Happy to go to Bishkek first if needed. How long is the visa process there?
0 x

kunibald

Postby kunibald » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:04 am

We applied on Monday and our visa was ready on Thursday. There is a topic with detailed reports from that embassy.

On topic: I followed all the steps mentioned in the caravanistan e-visa-page and it worked after some time. Especially the pictures didn't work before, I had to resize them and crop them to just the face. Captchas were also a thing. I had a paper visa two month before, that didn't seem to be a problem. Got my visa on the first working day after application ( applied on Saturday, got it Monday morning)
1 x

Adam Fitchett

Postby Adam Fitchett » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:05 am

Hi,

Firstly to say thanks - I've been lurking on the site for a while getting inspired, making plans and using it for on the road referral.

I've just recieved my Uzbekistan visa and wanted to query a few points from the site and add a little bit of my own experience to help others.

-We couldn't use apple for photos.
-Persafoto as reccomended ensured both photos worked fine using an android device.
-The passport photo was fine turned on its side (the longest egde vertical).
-the activation link worked but upon entering the code it gave a message saying 'account not activated please check status' . When I checked the status it said account active which appears to be contradictory. I tried to click on the payment icon and put in my code, but when I pressed the button to go through to the payment page it didn't work.
-I noticed that the email says the link will become active within 12 hours. This doesn't appear to tally with what is written on this website "Be aware the link expires after 12 hours (perhaps less).
-I waited overnight and tried again. When using the link and entering the code I was again given an account not activated message. So duly I instead clicked on the payment icon (as I had done before) and this time it worked (be sure to click the visa even though its the only option :s).

Summary: I couldn't pay immediately after receiving my code, instead I had to wait somewhere around 12hours which seems the opposite to what is written on this website. There also seems to be a contradiction concerning account activation on the evisa website - ignore it and click on the payment icon instead.

Hope this is useful,
Keep up the incredible work
Adam
2 x

naoko

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa problems

Postby naoko » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:31 pm

Hi,

I have tried this week two times to get the e-visa via the e-visa web-portal of the uzbekistan goverment. I have received two times my account activation links by email. I can not download the links neither with Windows 8 Internet Explorer neither with Mozilla Firefox. I have tried it also on three different computers. But it does not work. I have sent today these problems with the Feedback mode via the portal to the uzbekistan goverment. But I think they will not help me to solve these problems ! Maybe somebody can help me ?
0 x

Adam Fitchett

Postby Adam Fitchett » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:04 pm

I used chrome. It wouldn't work on Firefox. What do you mean by 'download'. Are you unable to click the link on your email??
1 x