Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
finfel

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by finfel »

Just contributing with what worked for me: I spent 4 hours trying to get the photo submission to work—white background, 300dpi, 35x45 mm, etc. Was getting very frustrated, and about to give up. Turns out all it took was using Chrome instead of Firefox... :roll: Probably should have tried it sooner.
1 x

RideBeyondBorders

Post by RideBeyondBorders »

I had same issue as it would show Application Activated but was yet to pay for visa. I went to application option (not the Application status) and then just click directly on payment tab on top right don't worry even if it shows disabled. It will go to payment page and ask you ref number and take payment, After payment if you check Application status it will show 'sent for processing'. I hope this helps
2 x

Comenius

Post by Comenius »

I applied for and received an Uzbekistan single entry e-visa, but now realize I should have gotten a double entry or a multiple entry one instead as I plan to visit Turkmenistan and return to Uzbekistan later in my stay.

After reading your visa page, it seems that I can apply for another single entry e-visa once I've landed in Tashkent. Is this still the recommended approach, or can I apply for another e-visa--a multiple entry one--and just toss the initial single entry one before I've used it?

Also, I'll only be in Uzbekistan for 2 days before exiting to Turkmenistan, so I don't believe that's enough time to get a new e-visa before leaving. I plan to be in Turkmenistan for 4 days, so in theory I could receive the new visa there, but I'm not sure if I could retrieve it / print it there. I'd also much prefer to have the visa for my return to Uzbekistan sorted out before leaving it.

Any thoughts?
0 x

Comenius

Post by Comenius »

Well, just to answer my own question, and to hopefully help anyone in the future who finds themselves in a similar situation, I applied for a multiple entry visa and it was approved in 3 days without problem. A $20 lesson, but at least now it looks like I'm sorted. :)
2 x

acsherman

Post by acsherman »

I'm having issues with payment. I click the payment step on the application, and it took me to another page. I accepted Terms & Conditions, which took me to another page. This page crashed, so I never even had the opportunity to put in my credit card info. Now when I go back to my application it says "Already has a paid application or check the correctness of the entered data". Has anyone else had this issue? I'm hoping in a few business days the site will realize I never actually submitted a payment and allow me to make one.

EDIT: After I got the 'Already has a paid application' prompt I waited 3 business days and revisited the website. This time, it recognized that no payment had been made. I was able to follow the payment link and it worked!
Last edited by acsherman on Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

henrytn

Post by henrytn »

Finished my e-visa application within 30 mins (20 of which were spent editing my passport photos on Microsoft Paint!). Other than the passport photo hiccup, the rest of the site went pretty smoothly. Payment was also accepted swiftly and now I am hoping to receive my visa within the next 1-2 days.

For the photo, what I did was: completely bleach out the background, 300 DPI, 415x532 pixels (can be done on Paint), cropping out the photo such that the head takes at least 75-80% of the photo.

Most importantly, don't give up. Happy travels!

Update: Woke up to the great news that I have received the visa this morning. Good luck to everyone!
1 x

08matias

Post by 08matias »

sjh2007 wrote:Is it normal for the e-visa to only list your First Name in the "Name" field?
On the application, I put my Middle Name, which does appear on my passport, in the "Middle Name/Patronymic Name".

But I'm thinking now that I should have put my first and middle name in the "Name" and left that far right field blank.
Do you think this will be an issue at the Tashkent Airport Border?
Anyone have experience, the few sample Uzbekistan e-Visas I've seen online, also only show one name in "Name" section, so I'm hoping it may be the norm there.
Hi all!

Has anyone found themselves in this situation - they input middle name under "Middle Name/Patronymic Name" but it did not appear in the visa - and is able to tell me what the result was/whether there were any problems at the border? I'll be flying into Tashkent Airport.

If it is an issue, should I just apply for a new visa?

Cheers!
0 x

henrytn

Post by henrytn »

08matias wrote:
sjh2007 wrote:Is it normal for the e-visa to only list your First Name in the "Name" field?
On the application, I put my Middle Name, which does appear on my passport, in the "Middle Name/Patronymic Name".

But I'm thinking now that I should have put my first and middle name in the "Name" and left that far right field blank.
Do you think this will be an issue at the Tashkent Airport Border?
Anyone have experience, the few sample Uzbekistan e-Visas I've seen online, also only show one name in "Name" section, so I'm hoping it may be the norm there.
Hi all!

Has anyone found themselves in this situation - they input middle name under "Middle Name/Patronymic Name" but it did not appear in the visa - and is able to tell me what the result was/whether there were any problems at the border? I'll be flying into Tashkent Airport.

If it is an issue, should I just apply for a new visa?

Cheers!
Same here, please let me know if you make it through the border checkpoint okay. Thanks!
0 x

KGonthego

Post by KGonthego »

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to share my experience.

The main problems I encountered were with my photo and payment. Few helpful tips that I had already read on this blog:
1. Chrome works the best for the e-visa application on windows
2. Use gmail account to receive activation email
3. Click a photo using your camera for the visa photo and passport scan
4. Using a visa card to pay

I struggled for a couple of hours with my photo before i landed here. I clicked a photo of my existing passport size photo (had a hard copy), cropped the additional stuff to just focus on my face (80% face and 20% shoulders), resized the photo in paint to 413*532 pixels and uploaded the pic... and it worked :D Though the background was white in the original photo, it turned greyish once i clicked a picture of it and transferred to my computer so fingers crossed!
i entered all other details, have my gmail id and quickly received the activation email after which I struggled to pay. Clicking on the link in the email took me to the page but it said application not activated. I tried some other suggestions like going to the e-visa website and directly clicking on the payment page and entering the activation code. It would take me upto Payment confirmation and on clicking 'Pay now' gave an error message 'Initialization failure'. When i tried paying again it would said 'Paid application'. I tried using incognito session in Chrome, typing the link instead of pasting it, using other browsers and nothing worked.

I called the helpline who were helpful. He said to fill in another application, make sure to click on the link received in the email (even if it says account not activated), go to the payment page directly and pay. Voila! I was able to enter my card details and received payment confirmation email. Also i made sure that the link opens in Chrome instead of another browser.
Now waiting on the visa!
0 x

devonys

Post by devonys »

An issue I am having - I have received the “Your Vida is Finished” email, with only a link to the “status” page. When I try to log in, it rejects my application code, which I have tried copying and pasting as well as individually typing into the box. So, I appear to have been issued an e visa, but I cannot print it. Anyone have advice?
0 x