Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
gf1961

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by gf1961 »

After struggling with the website for two hours on Friday I managed to get through to the
fingers-crossed section today. On Friday I had all sorts of error messages and most importantly did not receive any mails on both my private or work email account.

Today I reactivated an old gmail-account. That did the trick.
Activation code was there before I had switched to next firefox tab.

10.40 am
This is Your account activation link:
https://e-visa.gov.uz/application/xyz123
This is Your code xyz123 don't forget them
===
I pasted the code to the app.
Visa payment worked immediately
===
10.44 am
Dear applicant,
The payment for Uzbekistan�s e-visa had been successfully proceeded.
Within 3 working days you will receive an email with results of the approval of the application.
===

fingers crossed.
thank you for those who posted their experience and helped me that way.

Gerald
1 x

Sm1234

Post by Sm1234 »

Just to update - 2nd evisa received today. I applied about 24 hours after arriving in Uzbekistan on my first evisa, and am currently still in the country.

Essentially a 2x30 day double entry visa for 40usd without the hassle of going to embassy. Result!
0 x

thijsbroekkamp

Post by thijsbroekkamp »

steven wrote:
thijsbroekkamp wrote:
Crazydre wrote:Regarding the 5-day visa-free transit: it has to be on Uzbekistan airways, for your knowledge!
Hi, how do you know this? Do you have anymore specific information about this?
CrazyDre is a visa expert who checks the Timatic website that airlines use. Have a look at the Timatic website yourself to confirm.
Couldn't not find it there (not familiar with the system though) it just says that you need e-visa, but not for which airlines the transit visa free is valid specifically.

We are flying 22 september from Bishkek to Tashkent with Pegasus, and 23 september from Tashkent to Kabul to return to Uzbekistan by land a week later. So do I now have to buy a transit visa that still can only be obtained by visiting a physical embassy and one normal visa?
0 x

Travelmates

Post by Travelmates »

The following steps have led to a successful application:

1. Made selfie with my phone (white background, but not perfectly white)
2. Cropped and slit my photo to 40x35mm with the Android application ‘Passport Photo ID Maker Studio – Free Photo Editor’ into JPEG format.
3. Made a picture of my passport.
4. Send both pictures to my PC (passport photo without any changes but size <1MB)
5. Opened ‘https://e-visa.gov.uz/application’ in Chrome
6. Filled all the required fields
7. Used a Gmail account in the ‘activation’ tab, and wrote down the captcha (it took me twice before I entered the right captcha). A notification in the ‘activation’ tab told me that my application was registered and that I would receive an activation link per mail
8. Received the activation link and activation code within seconds from [email protected]
9. Opened the activation link by just clicking on the link in my mailbox (Chrome browser) which again led me to https://e-visa.gov.uz/application
10. Clicked on the tab ‘payment’ and filled the required fields (mail address, activation code and captcha)
11. Fulfilled the payment by filling the required fields with Visa information (including generated e-code) on the next page
12. Received an email within seconds from [email protected] with the information: The payment for Uzbekistan�s e-visa had been successfully proceeded. Within 3 working days you will receive an email with results of the approval of the application.’
13. The bank transfer was visible within seconds in my Visa account after the received payment confirmation mail.

Now fingers crossed for the approval of the application!
1 x

Nini1386

Post by Nini1386 »

Hello everybody,

I applied for the Evisa last Saturday and payment was succesfully done.
This morning I received an email "Objet : Your visa is finished"
"Your visa is finished
For reference status and download application please go to following address:
https://e-visa.gov.uz/status"
When I follow the link, they ask me to provide an activation code. I tried with the one I received during the application process stage but it doesn't work.
Anyone having the same issue or received the same email "Your visa is finished"?
Thanks all for your feedback!
Anaïs
0 x

gf1961

Post by gf1961 »

Hello Anaïs,

are you aware that you might have to scroll down a bit?
The link for the PDF-download (in green) pops up in the otherwise not visibile lower part of your screen.

I receeived the "Your visa is finished" yesterday (i.e. the second working day),
Application code "xyz123" from the mail with "This is Your code xyz123 don't forget them" + captcha + "check status".
Did not see the link for download on first sight until moving to the lower part of the screen.
Worked.

bonne chance, Gerald
0 x

gf1961

Post by gf1961 »

thijsbroekkamp wrote:
steven wrote:
thijsbroekkamp wrote:
Hi, how do you know this? Do you have anymore specific information about this?
My thinly based assumption is that Uzbekistan authorities will not limit this regime to Uzbekistan Airways in the future, BUT:

They say, e.g. the London embassy says:
Transit passengers from countries listed above are eligible to stay in Uzbekistan for up to 5 days without a visa.
Travellers need to provide an air ticket to the country they are travelling next (the flight must be within 5 days of arrival) and the carrier should inform the border authorities of Uzbekistan on passengers who are eligible for transit visa-free.

UA could well be the only airline that is aware of that scheme and has standards established to communicate with the authorities.
Pegasus probably won't have yet.

best regards, Gerald
0 x

rhkwon

Post by rhkwon »

What did you guys put in for the Inviting Party section?

I don't have any idea how to answer this.
0 x

gf1961

Post by gf1961 »

rhkwon wrote:What did you guys put in for the Inviting Party section?

I don't have any idea how to answer this.
Official electronic visa portal of the Republic of Uzbekistan:

https://e-visa.gov.uz/main

does not require an inviting party. Best regards, Gerald
0 x

thijsbroekkamp

Post by thijsbroekkamp »

gf1961 wrote:
thijsbroekkamp wrote:
steven wrote:
My thinly based assumption is that Uzbekistan authorities will not limit this regime to Uzbekistan Airways in the future, BUT:

They say, e.g. the London embassy says:
Transit passengers from countries listed above are eligible to stay in Uzbekistan for up to 5 days without a visa.
Travellers need to provide an air ticket to the country they are travelling next (the flight must be within 5 days of arrival) and the carrier should inform the border authorities of Uzbekistan on passengers who are eligible for transit visa-free.

UA could well be the only airline that is aware of that scheme and has standards established to communicate with the authorities.
Pegasus probably won't have yet.

best regards, Gerald
Hi Gerald thanks for your reply!
Yeah I saw that as well, so I asked Pegasus if they are aware of this but no reply yet. Looks like I have to get a transit visa anyways then...
0 x