Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
rhkwon

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Postby rhkwon » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:53 pm

Thanks Gerald!!!
0 x

golandy

Postby golandy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:52 am

Similar experience as Travelmates, now wait to be approved. Tried the same gmail-address for two applications (two people) and that failed, so used two different accounts. Friends of mine never received a code, they used a personal e-mailaccount so that doesn't seem to work.

Receiving the code and processing + confirming the payment was all done within minutes.
0 x

travelbug121

Postby travelbug121 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:38 am

I applied for evisa and received the same after 3 days. Smooth process. Is ovir registration still compulsory in uzbekistan? Kindly confirm, Thanks.
0 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Postby Crazydre » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:11 pm

thijsbroekkamp wrote:
Crazydre wrote:Regarding the 5-day visa-free transit: it has to be on Uzbekistan airways, for your knowledge!

Hi, how do you know this? Do you have anymore specific information about this?
In TIMATIC, put Uzbekistan as the TRANSIT Country (NOT the Destination), and you'll get:

TWOV (Transit Without Visa): Nationals of [...] with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight with Uzbekistan Airways (HY) to a third country within 5 days.

So it'd appear only the ticket OUT of UZ has to be on UZbekistan Airways, not the ticket into UZ.

travelbug121 wrote:I applied for evisa and received the same after 3 days. Smooth process. Is ovir registration still compulsory in uzbekistan? Kindly confirm, Thanks.
It is, but it's not something you do yourself AFAIK, but is done by your hotel/host.

thijsbroekkamp wrote:We are flying 22 september from Bishkek to Tashkent with Pegasus, and 23 september from Tashkent to Kabul to return to Uzbekistan by land a week later. So do I now have to buy a transit visa that still can only be obtained by visiting a physical embassy and one normal visa?
You can get an e-visa, but cannot use visa-free transit
0 x

Jane

Postby Jane » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:03 pm

I am unable to enter my phone number in the e visa application form —nothing happens when I enter the numbers. Entering address (which has numbers ) is no problem. Any ideas ? Waiting to hear back from the help line
0 x

tomtoomas

Postby tomtoomas » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:50 am

Hi!
I tryimg already fourth day to make e-visa to Uzbekistan and its always ends at application activation site. When i enter text from image i always recieve an" error while saving request". Same using chrome, explorer or firefox.. Does anybody had similar problem or any ideas, maybe im doing something wrong...(
0 x

tomtoomas

Postby tomtoomas » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:52 am

to Jane: maybe u should sheck your keyboard, maybe Num Lock is swiched on..
0 x

RoGa50

Postby RoGa50 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:05 pm

bhorn wrote:Regarding the photo upload, I believe they are checking the filename and not the size. Wouldn't accept my 413x532 photo (with correct DPI, etc) until I changed the file extension from ".jpeg" to ".jpg". PNGs didn't seem to work either. Tested with a photo not matching the size after doing this and it was accepted.

You are my hero :D . I have been trying for days, passed the hurdle of the picture, but got stuck with the passport scan.
Changed the extension to .jpg and it worked. Incidentally, they claim to accept png format but this did not work either for me.
Payment without problems, now waiting. I assume it might take longer than 3 days, as today is Friday.
0 x

Myrkskog

Postby Myrkskog » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:46 pm

We are still waiting for our Turkmenistan visa, but our Uzbekistan visa is running out next week. Is it possible to get a new evisa, exit Uzbekistan and enter it immediately again from nomansland, without going to another country in between? We might need some more days before we'll get the Turkmenistan visa...
0 x

Hawaii50

Postby Hawaii50 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:25 am

Jeeze Oh, wish i'd visited this forum before even attempting my Uzbek e-visa application today. Just like RoGa50, I couldn't upload my scanned passport in JPEG format. Just wasted 5 hours trying. Managed to convert to JPG by using a picture taken on my iPhone rather than OFFICE LENS or CamScanner, two dedicated scanning Apps. Site still only accepts VISA. Received a payment confirmation e-mail immediately. Now the wait, lets see :)
0 x