Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
jeanjacques

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Postby jeanjacques » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:41 am

I have tried the site evisa.gov.uz (it was given to me by the Uzbek Embassy in Delhi) but found it full of bugs and problems., like the format of the pictures, the catchap or whatever it is called to make sure you are not a bot, and no support either by telephone (they do not answer) or by email (the capchat question again).
As time was running out (I was flying to Tashkent on the 17th of August 2018) I went to the Embassy in Delhi on Monday 13th and they were very nice even waiting for me past the closing time to come back from the internet cafe with the completed form (on line) As they had a question about the filled form, I had a short interview with a lady and she told me to come back on Thursday 16th. The visa was for a double entry for 30 days, for which deposited 4850 rupees (C$90) into their account and brought the receipt. I have a French and a Canadian passport and my visa is on the French passport. There might be other prices for other nationalities, I do not know. During the whole process, all were very nice and helpful.
1 x

luca

Postby luca » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:13 am

t3nchi wrote:Luca,

How soon after you applied did you receive the activation email?

Immediately. Maybe 10 seconds maximum. But it always lands in my spam folder.
0 x

luca

Postby luca » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:16 am

Anybody knows, does the printout of the visa need to be in colour or black and white works also just fine?
0 x

nopaneemayoo

Postby nopaneemayoo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:47 pm

Success! I got my e visa in just under three days for $20. No issues. I am thrilled they are making this so easy and am very excited for my trip. I was surprised to hear that people I spoke to recently who are going in a just a few weeks with a major tour operator are still being told, even last week, to mail into the embassy!

Couple of things I found that I have not seen mentioned. The extension of the photo file must be lowercase so ".jpg". Passport page uploaded no problem, but not my photo. I noticed the resizing program I used had named it ".JPG". I fixed this by simply doing a right click rename on the file. For people from the US or with US cards: Capital One Visa worked for me. Capital One seems to have a slightly different verified by visa (their own branded not just Visa's) this pushes the transaction through when some cards like Chase get stuck. I have text messages set as alerts so in addition to the payment successful screen I was immediately notified by the card that I was charged $20.00. I used Firefox browser for all of this as I do not use it much and have too many extensions etc on Chrome. The download was a little strange, I could print but not save. Easily solved by printing to PDF.

To Luca above. In the article on the main site it says technically you do not have to print you can show it on your phone. Although it is suggested you print here at the beginning. That would lead me to believe that black and white is sufficient. I can only print in B&W.

Now to wait until I can buy train tickets!

P.S. Actually I got two visas I did the applications for both of us. Separate gmail accounts, separate payments. An hour or so apart. They were issued at the same time.
Last edited by nopaneemayoo on Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Koen

Postby Koen » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:17 am

Also finally managed to get my photos approved.
Now waiting couple day's if visa is granted.
Received also payment email.
Used my mobile phone for the application and the android app ID photo studio to get the right size for face photo. (background was not perfect white but didn't want to pay for this function in the app).
Paspoort photo was good.
Had some trouble getting the correct captha word at the bottom.
Chrome browser and gmail address
0 x
Rollingdutchman @ instagram

Teo_DUS

Postby Teo_DUS » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:59 pm

nopaneemayoo wrote:Couple of things I found that I have not seen mentioned. The extension of the photo file must be lowercase so ".jpg". Passport page uploaded no problem, but not my photo. I noticed the resizing program I used had named it ".JPG". I fixed this by simply doing a right click rename on the file.

Thank you! this finally enabled me to upload my passport photo and pay successfully. Whatna relief after days of struggle and frustration.
0 x

big.jim.v

Postby big.jim.v » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:49 am

Luca
I entered UZ with an E-visa overland from Khujand, Tajikistan with my motorcycle two days ago.
The guards prefer to see a printed copy. Black and white is acceptable.
Hope that helps!
0 x

Monique Jöris

Postby Monique Jöris » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:53 am

Does anyone know if you need a completely empty page in your passport when applying for e-visa. Do they actually put a visa in your passport when you enter or is it enough to have just an empty spot somewhere for a stamp? My passport is almost full and I do not have empty pages anymore. I would like to visit Uzbekistan on my way back to my country and buy a new passport when I'm home...

Thanx!
0 x

Hawaii50

Postby Hawaii50 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:19 am

Received my E-VISA today. As with others, experienced difficulty with Captcha.

Visited Tashkent by bus from Almaty on 29/08/18 and returned 03/09/18. The bus which was a new Chinese built YUTONG was comfortable but full. Seats reclined about 140 degrees with ample leg room in front to stretch out. I'm F6'04". Crossed the border at 'Saryagash'. Had to alight bus and physically walk through both border posts. Uzbek Immigration officers just asked to see my Visa on entering which I had earlier printed in A4. They didn't stamp this but did scan the barcode off it and after stamp my passport afterwards. Same procedure leaving. My hostel in Tashkent registered me with Immigration.
Last edited by Hawaii50 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Koen

Postby Koen » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:41 am

Also just received my visa. Also big problems with Captcha, just keep clicking on new word till one was really readable. Normally you get a stamp at the border. If you report with your evisa to airport and go to visa office they could print a sticker page filling one page.
0 x
Rollingdutchman @ instagram