Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
nopaneemayoo

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Postby nopaneemayoo » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:05 pm

Nicole123 wrote:so I have done everything suggested, including DPI and image size, and both photos read “.jpg” and I even renamed it so everything was lowercase but it still says that the photos don’t meet ICAO standards.
My photo is 24.0KB and my passport is 229KB. I dropped it to 78KB but it just looked absurd and still didn’t work.
Pleeeeeease! Someone! Help! I’ve been beating my head for two hours.

So on the page where you upload both images which image has the error under it? Or do they both have an error? I think it was in red?

Are you using a passport photo realigning program? Mine were much larger than that when I used 300 DPI are you sure you have 300DPI on an image that small? I just scanned a visa size photo and my passport at very high resolution then cut the size down to fit and was 300dpi, under the size limit but just barely on the passport, and I did not worry about it being 35mmx 45 mm. I was not able to use the passport photo sizing links provided as any download was only 96dpi. So my advice would be to try scanning a visa photo you have or take a new photo crop it to look like the proper alignment and just cut down the size of the file while keeping dpi ,do not worry about pixels across or mm focus on total size ad DPI?
0 x

DJJ

Postby DJJ » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:52 pm

After several frustrating tries, my German-speaking traveling companion finally received her Uzbekistan e-visa....only to afterwards realize that, working in English, she had mistakenly entered her first name where the form asked for a surname and, it follows, her surname where she should have entered her first name. As a result, her printed document has her names in reverse. So of course we are now wondering if she needs to redo her application or if the border agents are likely to overlook this since she has an official e-visa that they can scan. Eager for any relevant experiences or insights. Thanks.
0 x

andy123

Postby andy123 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:33 pm

Finally finally solved the problem of uploading photos for visa.

Last night I spent the best part of 4hours loading different sizes of photo (taken on an iPhone) to no avail on a mac computer. Solved the problem today by using the same original photo's taken on my iPhone, transferred to a windows 10 laptop, resized to 35mm x 45mm and hey presto visa system accepted first time. What a relief... hope this may help others
0 x

MarieEmilie

Postby MarieEmilie » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I read ALL the messages on this forum before asking my question.

I applied today for the e visa, everything went well, except for the payment, I get the message that says that the payment failed. I had a confirmation of my bank that the payment has been successful though.

I read that some other people had this experience as well, but when the website just started. I would like to know if recently someone had the same error message for the payment, but had his e visa issued anyway ?

I would not like to pay twice, and I am not in a hurry.
My application status is still "application activated" several hours after all the process. But we are on a week end so hopefully the situation could evolve positively on Monday.

If someone succeed despite this weird "payment error", thank you for letting me know !

Marie
0 x

Fiasco M

Postby Fiasco M » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:02 am

Hi all,

I couldn't find the solution to my problem in the precedent messages so I'm posting my own.

Once I enter the application code received by e-mail + the captcha, the message "application activated" appears. But there is no payment window or whatsoever... Is it normal ? Do I have to wait some more time before I have to pay?

Thank you !
0 x

MarieEmilie

Postby MarieEmilie » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:10 am

Fiasco M wrote:Hi all,

I couldn't find the solution to my problem in the precedent messages so I'm posting my own.

Once I enter the application code received by e-mail + the captcha, the message "application activated" appears. But there is no payment window or whatsoever... Is it normal ? Do I have to wait some more time before I have to pay?

Thank you !

You just have to click on "Payment" written in grey on the main page
0 x

Fiasco M

Postby Fiasco M » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:00 am

MarieEmilie wrote:
Fiasco M wrote:Hi all,

Thank you !

You just have to click on "Payment" written in grey on the main page

Thank you !

But now I receive an error message because I can only select Visa and I have a MasterCard (they do have MasterCard, American Express and JCB logos on the bottom right of the payment page though...)... Did anyone succeed in paying with another card than Visa ?
0 x

Nicole123

Postby Nicole123 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:55 am

Hey guys,
A quick update. I had the specified size, DPI, pixels, .jpg (in lowercase), etc etc but my photo kept getting denied. It turned out it was my actual photo even though it IS my passport photo.
I tried again by taking a selfie (which ended up having a MUCH less whiter screen than my actual passport photo), and I tried again - and it worked instantly.
So my advice would be to not use old photos, just take a selfie and try fresh.
Also, I would agree with the report that there is no issue with American Capital One cards - it worked instantly for me.
Good luck out there, guys! Don’t give up!
0 x

mmsbackpacker

Postby mmsbackpacker » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:34 pm

I applied my evisa on last Friday (31/8). The process was smooth. I just received the evisa today (2/9, Sun). Thanks for the tips on applying the evisa.
0 x

Everything-now

Re: Uzbekistan E-Visa UPDATE

Postby Everything-now » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:31 pm

Sorry. Of course correctly it’s https://e-visa.gov.uz/main as mentioned in the forum. But this process like we explained was working for us.

Milad wrote:
Hello travelers,

We just found a way how we got our E-Visa for Uzbekistan.

- start evisa.gov.az in the "Internet Explorer"
- fill all requested fields
- take care that your picture has the exact size of 35mm x 40mm in 300dpi and less than 1MB. Also less than 1MB for the picture of your passport
- when you finished, you receive a link and a code
- open the link now in "Mozilla Firefox" and click on the last icon "payment"
- fill in e-mail adresse and the received code
- now you can pay with Visa Card

Congratulations! You just successfully got an e-Visa for Azerbaijan. For Uzbekistan, the process appears to be rather random currently though.
0 x