Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Post Reply
Khanabadosh
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:19 am
x 2
x 15

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by Khanabadosh »

luca wrote:
DonMac wrote: The problem is if you don't get an answer you don't know whether it was rejected or not. I just called them and they explained the idea is that they do NOT send any kind of confirmation email (except for activation code, which in my case was sent to my spam folder). If they approve the visa, then you get the visa sent to you, if it gets rejected, then you do not hear from them ever again.

Also they told me they are issuing the electronic visas already, and suggested I should wait a couple days and see if I receive the evisa by email (I applied yesterday).
If this is true, its odd but fantastic news and I hope that it is correct. I am a little worried about the total lack of confirmation, though. For one, do they know that they've charged me? I got told my payment had failed, even though I have certainly been charged. My application can also no longer be found. Perhaps I am unlucky and need to try again, or perhaps it will come through despite all of these confusing signs!

Edit: five minutes later, the above is no longer true. I am now sent for processing (Отправленна на обработку). Fingers crossed!
0 x

luca
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 3:19 pm
x 5

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by luca »

t3nchi wrote:Luca,

How soon after you applied did you receive the activation email?
It took some time. About 5-10 minutes.
0 x

luca
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 3:19 pm
x 5

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by luca »

Khanabadosh wrote:
luca wrote:
DonMac wrote: The problem is if you don't get an answer you don't know whether it was rejected or not. I just called them and they explained the idea is that they do NOT send any kind of confirmation email (except for activation code, which in my case was sent to my spam folder). If they approve the visa, then you get the visa sent to you, if it gets rejected, then you do not hear from them ever again.

Also they told me they are issuing the electronic visas already, and suggested I should wait a couple days and see if I receive the evisa by email (I applied yesterday).
If this is true, its odd but fantastic news and I hope that it is correct. I am a little worried about the total lack of confirmation, though. For one, do they know that they've charged me? I got told my payment had failed, even though I have certainly been charged. My application can also no longer be found. Perhaps I am unlucky and need to try again, or perhaps it will come through despite all of these confusing signs!

Edit: five minutes later, the above is no longer true. I am now sent for processing (Отправленна на обработку). Fingers crossed!
Yes... confusing indeed. I'm no IT expert, but I would guess that the normal procedure would be to do "testing" not with real applicants on live version... Anyway, that's what they are doing, they are testing to see whether it works or not, they don't know themselves, but it seems they are ready to issue visas if they manage to do so. :) They are all very vague on the phone, nobody promises that I will get my visa issued, but they say it should be working..
1 x

Khanabadosh
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:19 am
x 2
x 15

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by Khanabadosh »

luca wrote:
Yes... confusing indeed. I'm no IT expert, but I would guess that the normal procedure would be to do "testing" not with real applicants on live version... Anyway, that's what they are doing, they are testing to see whether it works or not, they don't know themselves, but it seems they are ready to issue visas if they manage to do so. :) They are all very vague on the phone, nobody promises that I will get my visa issued, but they say it should be working..

Thanks for letting us know what you've learned. As noted above, I'm in Tajikistan, just waiting for this to come through so that I can travel onward. Here's to hoping that the test works! I imagine there isn't such volume that it should take too long to send the approvals. Eagerly look forward to hearing success stories!
0 x

siddn
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:26 am

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by siddn »

After uselessly spending an hour I have given up on the portal. Even after loading 35x40 + 300dpi photo, and a image of passport- it kept showing Error with data entered at the captcha page.
I guess will wait for few hours until backend folks fix the issue. Any advice on document loading is welcome :)
0 x

Pablo124
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:25 pm

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by Pablo124 »

Two things that may help:
1. The photo needs to be mostly your head, so if the photo is rejected for not meeting requirements (a specific error I got) try cropping it.
2. The CAPTCHA may be case sensitive.
0 x

maximevince
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:10 pm
x 1
x 6

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by maximevince »

We aplied also for a e-visa ( 2 persons). Our payments were 2 the times successful. Now waiting and hoping.
0 x

siddn
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:26 am

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by siddn »

maximevince wrote:We aplied also for a e-visa ( 2 persons). Our payments were 2 the times successful. Now waiting and hoping.
How did captcha worked for you?
Mine keeps showing- Error. Check that the data is entered correctly and try again.

I tried both lower case and upper case, but to no avail.
0 x

Pietjepuk
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:54 pm

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by Pietjepuk »

- I went to the official website: E-visa.gov.uz
- I filled in the form on Google Chrome browser
- Made a picture of the first page of my passport with my phone
- Made a selfie with a white background
- used the 'id photo studio app' to make the right size/passphoto style
- got email to activate the account
- payed with visa
- checked the status (its processing)

Easy! Took 15 minutes, in 3 days I hope to receive my visa.
0 x

Khanabadosh
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:19 am
x 2
x 15

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Post by Khanabadosh »

Pietjepuk wrote:- I went to the official website: E-visa.gov.uz
- I filled in the form on Google Chrome browser
- Made a picture of the first page of my passport with my phone
- Made a selfie with a white background
- used the 'id photo studio app' to make the right size/passphoto style
- got email to activate the account
- payed with visa
- checked the status (its processing)

Easy! Took 15 minutes, in 3 days I hope to receive my visa.

Sounds like it went very smoothly for you. Just to confirm, does this mean that you did not receive any email other than the one needed to activate your application?
0 x

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post