Uzbekistan new registration system from July 2018

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Nina19

Re: Uzbekistan new registration system from July 2018

Post by Nina19 »

Julieeugenie wrote:Registration in ouzbekistan

As we didn't stay in hotels, we just went to a nice hotel (4 star) in samarcande and we asked the receptionist to register us on the official website. You can explain that he just has to click on "free tourism". He was very friendly and we just had to pay about 1€ per day. We could pay with our credit card to the receptionist. And that's it, it is really easy !
At the border they asked for the registration slips and we showed them the paper and that was good :)
So it seems important to do it but it is really easy !
I am not clear with the duration- suppose you arrived in Tashkent registered yourself in a hotel or any other place place of stay, and then decided to travel for one day plus one night to Samarkand- do you need to register yourself again for one night in Samarkand?
0 x

elsacados

Post by elsacados »

I spent 29 days in Uzbekistan and when crossing out towards Turkmenistan was asked for the registration papers, that i had decided not to do. The guy then called someone on the phone and 2 girls came. I speak good Russian and told them I was staying at people's place or in my tent, said I had vaguely heard of the self registration process but couldn't do it as I had no card and then just forgot about it. Then they called their chef, and he asked them, they asked me if I had any train tickets, which i didn't as I was hitchhiking, then she asked if I had photos of my trip. I showed her my Uzbekistan photos, then they said that the normal procedure was to give me a fine but that they would let me through, but that if I came back i should register.
Speaking Russian and the good contact I had with the girls definitely helped me get out of this, I wouldn't do it again if I was coming back to Uzbekistan though.
1 x

Ladnaks

Post by Ladnaks »

We just had to pay 2 million sum fee for not having a registration for the last 3 days. We arrived in Asaka on friday and went to the police station to register today (monday). They took our passports and told us that we need a registration for every single day. They said it is a „new law“.
1 x

netllama

Post by netllama »

Ladnaks wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:59 am
We just had to pay 2 million sum fee for not having a registration for the last 3 days. We arrived in Asaka on friday and went to the police station to register today (monday). They took our passports and told us that we need a registration for every single day. They said it is a „new law“.
Did they give you a receipt for this fine?
0 x

bonvoyage

Post by bonvoyage »

I'm very confused. Is the emehmon system a must or can I just go to a local police station to register? It seems that it's impossible for a foreigner to register in the emehmon system right now.

If I can do this at the police station, can I go to any? I'm planning to rent an airbnb in Tashkent, but the host doesn't seem too willing to register me - would I need his cooperation if I went to a police station?
0 x

astrologer1

Post by astrologer1 »

bonvoyage wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:47 am
I'm very confused. Is the emehmon system a must or can I just go to a local police station to register? It seems that it's impossible for a foreigner to register in the emehmon system right now.

If I can do this at the police station, can I go to any? I'm planning to rent an airbnb in Tashkent, but the host doesn't seem too willing to register me - would I need his cooperation if I went to a police station?
You're right that the online website only works for Uzbek nationals. I'm hoping to solo travel to Uzbekistan in April. Please let me know what your experience with the registration was like and if you have any updates. Safe travels
0 x

Duncan Wilson

Post by Duncan Wilson »

Just exited Uzbekistan through Tashkent Airport, and was not asked to show registration slips at any stage.
1 x

JulieP

Post by JulieP »

We crossed the Panjikent/Samarkand border yesterday with no problems at all. They did not ask for slips. Lucky, because we did not have them. Although, it did not look like cars were coming through. We only saw pedestrians (we came by bike).
1 x

FanGasp

Post by FanGasp »

Here is my report on the registration system:
According to my couchsurfing from tashkent, there are 3 solutions:
a. online registration via a local who registers you as their home.
b. Ask a hostel to register you without staying there. Price: ~$5
c. Go to a hotel...

We opted for solution A. We were registered for 14 days and paid 80.000 som (~6$). The procedure is complex, time consuming and requires an Uzbek bank card. To be done only if you have a local used to do it or who is really nice. In the end, it will not have been profitable for us. Indeed, as we couldn't find hosts, we stayed in a hotel. They wanted to register us in even though it was already done. Only one hotel was happy not to register us, which allowed us to negotiate a price...

We were controlled at the exit with our 14 days paper, it passed without problem.

We then went back to Uzbekistan for a few days.
We asked a hotel to register us without staying there. He told us that he risked big problem to do that and finally made the double room for 10$...

I let you draw your conclusions.
2 x

growwiththego

Post by growwiththego »

Hey guys, we just left Uzbekistan today and nobody asked for the registration slips - luckily, as we didn't have them!

When we entered the country three weeks ago we went to two police stations (Karakalpakstan & Nukus) to ask how the registration works for people not staying in hotels (we're traveling with the van and didnt want to stay in a hotel every night) and in both places they told us the registration is a must do in every place we visit - so every day of our stay in Uzbekistan should be covered. Anyway, they also told us we couldn't do it ourselves (go to police station and register ourselves), so they advised us to ask in hotels for the registration (it costs around 4 dollars) without staying there. Their idea of registration is that police knows where you are if they "need" you. But - registering in a hotel without staying there (as advised from the police itself) - this argument seems ridiculous to us - and to them as well :D
We decided to collect checks (at least one per day), so in the end they could at least see where we have really been. We heard from others taking pictures of the places they slept at with the tent in front (and maybe the phone showing the GPS location).

But, as mentioned before, at the border nobody even asked for it! Good luck and enjoy Uzbekistan!
1 x