Embassy report: Chinese visa in Ankara

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: getting visas in Turkey: China, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports on the embassy of China in Ankara below.

We summarize all info on the China visa page, under embassy reports.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

julesmimi

Post by julesmimi »

Some recent updates:

Uzbekistan: applied in Istanbul, for pickup in Ankara. This worked fairly well, although communication was tricky with the Ankara embassy as no-one speaks English. Helpful local agents managed to translate and accompany me to the bank nearby to pay. All completed in a single day, bearing in mind that our application through the Istanbul embassy had already been approved by the ministry.

Tajikistan: The Tajik embassy in Ankara is very unhelpful; having tried to apply in Istanbul for pickup in Ankara, we would NOT recommend this. Ended up having to apply again, come back 2 weeks later, see our form lying on his desk, then stung for $54 each for the "express" service to actually have the visa printed out for us. By contrast, the Istanbul consulate is very helpful and friendly, and offered a 3 day service as standard ($25 each).

China: we have managed to submit an application at the Ankara embassy! As we are non-residents of Turkey, they require a letter from your home consulate, confirming passport numbers and your intention to travel to China. For Brits, this means a trip to Istanbul, as all notarial services have been centralised there. Note that we approached the agencies listed here for application in Istanbul http://istanbul.china-consulate.org/tur ... 321497.htm but two both said that they couldn't apply for non-residents. I'm guessing this has been tightened up recently.

We will update once we (hopefully) get our Chinese visa - we've been told to come back in a week and make payment at the HSBC

UPDATE: we have received our Chinese visa! 3 months to enter, and 30 days once we're in
Last edited by julesmimi on Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

julesmimi

Re: Succes getting visas in Turkey:China, Uzbekistan, Tajiki

Post by julesmimi »

Bump: we have now successfully obtained all necessary visas in Turkey, as British nationals
0 x

marcopolosrhino

Re: Succes getting visas in Turkey:China, Uzbekistan, Tajiki

Post by marcopolosrhino »

Hey, to Jules Mimi -- how did you get a letter of invitation from the British Consulate -- they refuse to see me!

I'm from the UK, on route back to China but having serious trouble getting the visa. I telephoned the Ankara embassy but they said they have never issued visas to anyone who does not have a residence permit in Turkey! I guess by your success this is a blatant lie.

Can you suggest an agency in Istanbul or Ankara, or some guidance as to how you managed to get the British Consulate to help you? I'd appreciate the help...
0 x

amir_arsad

Re: Embassy report: Chinese visa in Ankara

Post by amir_arsad »

It is impossible to apply China Visa in Ankara if you don't have any valid residence permit or working permit in Turkey. Since we entered Turkey with tourist visa, they rejected our application even they not take or check our application form and documents.

First question they ask me is "do you have any residence permit or working permit in Turkey." once i said no, they said "we cannot help you. We only accept application for Turkey citizen or if you have valid residence permit or working permit."
1 x

Stijn

Post by Stijn »

With an overlander 4x4 we are making our way from Holland to Asia, now applying for a Chinese visa in Ankara, Turkey. We got our LOI (letter of Invitation) from Road Pioneer, mister Shang Qin, who has been really helpful (telephone no / whatsapp no: 0086 1318 3882 505), www.roadpioneer.com.

For the Chinese ambassy in Ankara Shang provided us with a useful link: http://tr.china-embassy.gov.cn/eng/xwdt ... 621421.htm
It states opening hours and the procedure which we couldn't find nowhere on internet / Chinese embassy website.

In addition, we just been to the embassy, after getting your LOI and after filling in the 9-page form, the Chinese embassy requires an appointment for which you can send an email to [email protected]
Today is 5th Sept 2023 and first available option is the end of September...

Turkish visa handlers at the embassy said that to their experience the consulate in Istanbul is easier for getting a visa.
0 x

cestpaslachute

Post by cestpaslachute »

Hello @Stijn, can you confirm that you have managed to get a Chinese visa from Ankara whilst on a Turkish touristic visa ? I am planning on trying the same but the previous answers are quite confusing, it seems that the rules changed or that you were lucky :)
0 x

adventuretourchina

Post by adventuretourchina »

Dear All,
just got confirmation from chinese embassy in Turkey

Non-turkish applicants applying for a Chinese visa in Turkey need to provide legal Turkish residence and have resided continuously in Turkey for 6 months.
0 x