Chinese visa in Bishkek

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Update on Chinese visa in Bishkek

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports on the embassy of China in Bishkek below.

We summarize all info on the China visa page, under embassy reports.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

ect

Update on Chinese visa in Bishkek

Post by ect »

I got my Chinese visa in Bishkek mid-March. Price was $140 for 5-day service, add on an extra $10 for express 3-day service. The embassy now requires some sort of "Kyrgyz registration" stamp, which requires filling out a stack of paperwork in Russian. Miss Liu will take care of it for you for 600 som ($12)... she said it would be impossible for me to do it myself. I have a Canadian passport.

My British friend just picked up his Chinese visa from Miss Liu yesterday (mid-May). Nothing has changed in the procedure or price.

You have 3 months from the date of issue to enter the country, and then you are allowed to stay for 30 days after that.
0 x

Ramon

Chinese visa in Bishkek

Post by Ramon »

Unlike the carvavanistan topic regarding the Chinese visa in Biskek we managed to get a visa without an agent!

This is how we did it:
- get a LOI from a Chinese traveling agency, ours states for 11 days (we are driving our motorbikes into China, so we need a guide for that...)
- get a correct size passport photo
- we get our Kyrgystan registration stamp in Osh
- take a passport copy
- fill in the application form (version 2013), it is not in English at the ambassy so download it from the internet
- be early, ambassy is only open from 9.15 until 11.30 (only Monday, Wednesday and Friday), and it is busy! I recommend to be there before 8 that's when the queue starts to get really long...., ow yeah and you have this miss Liu which does not stand in queue and process like 40 passport at a time...

With all above done, your application should be accepted.
Now you can chose between 3 or 5 working day service. For 3 it cost $60 and for 5 $40. After 3 working days we picked up our passport with 30 day single entry visa for China!
Our LOI was included in the guide price which is quite expensive but required for the motorbikes. Probably you can find a Chinese travel agency which provides you the required LOI for less than miss Liu does.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Chinese visa in Biskek

Post by steven »

Thanks, very useful!
0 x

draknatsr

Post by draknatsr »

Hey Ramon,

Excellent invitation. Makes the Kyrgyzstan => China situation look very bright.

I was planning to go overland to China (I'm currently in Georgia), but instead bought a ticket to Nepal because of how expensive an Azerbaijan visa would be, as well as how difficult I imagined a Chinese visa in Bishkek would be.

My question:

Did you need to have proof of hotels and transit within China? And most importantly, did you need to buy bogus round-trip flight tickets from NYC to Shanghai, or something like that?

I'm on a very tight budget (pretty much making money online as I go), so any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Al
0 x

Silkroader

Post by Silkroader »

@Ramon, we had the same success. Mrs Liu tried several times to kick us out in a very unfair way and in a very close cooperation with the embassy officials; but finally we made it after two weeks and four visits in the embassy.

@all, if you have two passports (possible in Germany) you should have the Kyrgyztan entry stamp in the same passport using for the chinese visa. In our case we have to go for one day to Kazachstan, exchanging the passports at the borderline.

Best regards
Andreas
0 x

bastoune

Post by bastoune »

Hi everybody!

We just made our chinese visa in Bishkek and we found (by chance) a new agency which is cheaper than the 2 others reported in the website. The office is situated at the junction of Manas and Kiev streets (address is manas street 40). Go inside and the door is the number 200 at the first floor. Her same is Sara and she is very friendly and nice (phone: +996543900088).

For a normal procedure (5 days), she asked 100$ and it's 120$ for 3 days. We already had our registration stamps in our passport so we don't know how much she charges for this service.

Good luck!

Sebastien and Delphine
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Thank you! Great info!
0 x

ustrasse

Post by ustrasse »

Hello! Just want to report that today we went to the same office (Manas Avenue 40, room 200) to submit our documents for our Chinese visas. The price for one-week processing was $130 for German citizens, and $170 for US citizens. When I asked about the Kyrgyzstan registration stamp she said it wasn't necessary.

A bit expensive but still much smoother than joining the scrum at the embassy ourselves!
0 x
Route nach Unbekannte Straße
From Germany to....?
http://www.u-strasse.com

Adrien Seg

Post by Adrien Seg »

Hello Caravanistan people!
Just to report a nice trick :).
I also went to Manas 40, they are very easygoing, you just need your passport and two weird-sized photos that you can just make at a shop nearby (they'll show you where).
They asked 110$ for one week processing, i said "but i know two french people who paid 100$ for the same visa". She said "Ok, davaï, discount, give me 100$".
Tadaaam :) Quite cheap and extremely easy!
Have a good trick!
0 x