Chinese visa in Bishkek

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
DAEMO79

Re: Chinese visa in Bishkek

Post by DAEMO79 »

Re-confirming you still cannot get China visa in Bishkek. You're not even allowed through the gate to the embassy. The guard mimed a suicide bomber to us..

It's cold anyhow, so why go to China,Meh! ;)
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

There was a suicide bomb on the Chinese embassy recently: http://www.rferl.org/a/kyrgyzstan-bishk ... 53904.html

They are probably renovating.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

hitchhaning

Post by hitchhaning »

Hi,
Can you please advise me?

I'm currently in Kyrgyzstan, called all the agencies mentioned here and they all say that they are not dealing with Chinese visas anymore, due to very slim chances.

I have an invitation letter in two forms - for tourist and for business visa from a real Chinese person and a real Chinese company and now I'm wondering what to do with it (I have no intention of flying to China):

1) Try my chances in Bishkek somehow anyway? (or Almaty or Astana)
2) Send my passport to my home country (Poland) and organize the visa there while waiting for the passport in Kyrgyzstan?
3) Change the route, go via Kazakhstan-Russia-Mongolia and apply for the Chinese visa in Ulaan Bator?

Thanks a lot!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

I would try number 2. Number 3 is the other option, but it's been a few months since I heard anything from UB, so it might have changed again by the time you get there.

Number 2 seems the safest bet. I have read only good experiences so far of people applying by mail to various embassies around the world. I would find a reputable Polish agent and send it with DHL.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

olmo

Post by olmo »

UB was fine December 2016, got double entry 6 months/30d each easily (as easy as China can be, I guess). Thanks for reminding us, wanted to post an update in that thread anyways :)
2 x

Margarita

Post by Margarita »

Reportedly, since February 2017 the Chinese embassy and consulates in Kyrgyzstan are not issuing tourist visas, to anyone. I certainly wasn't able to get one.
2 x

Clodo

Post by Clodo »

Does anybody have experience sending the passport home from Bishkek with DHL? Or what to do in case of a police control without passport? Is an European ID card or a passport copy sufficient?
0 x

Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Clodo,
I will arrive in Bishkek in a couple of days, planning on doing the same - send my passport via DHL to Austria to get Chinese, Pakistan and Indian visa in my home country.
I am not worried about police checks and will travel with a copy only, in case they ask you can always say it is currently at an embassy waiting for a visa to be issued. A friend also suggested to get a stamped copy of the passport at a notarius, then you should be on the safe side.
In any case I'll keep you updated about DHL.

Another question: Has anyone ever tried to apply for an actual Chinese TRANSIT visa in Bishkek? In the end, transit is basically all I'm doing, so they might be fine if you explain (and maybe show some hotel/bus reservation)...
1 x

Chris

Post by Chris »

Sending the passport with DHL was straightforward, a bit pricy though, as expected.

Location Bishkek: Kievskaya Street 107/1 (42.87532N 74.59431E - same building as GeoID in case you wanna buy trekking maps ;)
Cost for sending documents (0-300grams) to Austria: 4.400 Som (~ € 55)
They said it will take 4-5 business days to arrive.
Staff spoke excellent English.

Regarding transit visa: I asked at the embassy, no chance, I should apply in my home country...
1 x

Smallworldonabike

Chinese Visa by DHL refused

Post by Smallworldonabike »

Hey,
I'm posting here as you've been 2 people talking about sending your passeports back to your home country.
We (French and British passeports but French residents) sent our passeports to France from Aktau, Kazakhstan, last week.
The agency just came back from the embassy and our visas have been refused.
Reason : we spent more than 2 weeks in Turkey. To get our visas accepted we then needed to go in person to the embassy to give our fingerprints and answer a few questions about our stay there.
So if you stayed a long time (more than 2 weeks) in Turkey (Iran is probably the same), then ask your agency to ask the consulate before wasting money on DHL for nothing.
2 x