Turkmen transit visa enquiry- Uzbekistan-Turkmenistan-Azerbaijan possible?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
arsenal4mylife

Turkmen transit visa enquiry- Uzbekistan-Turkmenistan-Azerbaijan possible?

Post by arsenal4mylife »

Hi. i have read the visa page about this route possibly getting rejected. Is there any update? How about leaving to Kazakhstan?
My plan is to travel onward to Baku so either will be fine for me.
Which embassy inside the stans has the best success rate? Heard aktau guys are quite nice..

Cheers & safe travel to all.
0 x

astroyaya

Re: Turkmen transit visa enquiry- Uzbekistan-Turkmenistan-Azerbaijan possible?

Post by astroyaya »

Hi, I'm also planing to apply the Turkmen transit visa by Uzbeik and Azerbaijan.
Now I'm waiting for Uzbeik visa in Dushanbe.
0 x

arsenal4mylife

Post by arsenal4mylife »

good luck yaya and please update later ;)
0 x

astroyaya

Post by astroyaya »

now I not ony worry about visa but also worry about the ferry from Turkmenistan to Baku.
When you plan to go?
I'll pick up my Uzbeik visa next Monday in Dushanbe.
0 x

astroyaya

Post by astroyaya »

Got my Uzbeik visa this morning and I also went to Turkmenistan embassy and asked the staff there. The man from the embassy said it is possible to apply the transit visa to Azerbaijan and he also said that I could choose to get the visa at the boader or in the embassy.

So now I just handed my application for Azerbaijan evisa and waiting for you. Then I will go to Turkmanistan Embassy again.
0 x

astroyaya

Post by astroyaya »

I'm here to update.

Got Azerbaijan E-visa last evening so I went to Turkmen embassy this morning. Unfortunately, the staff said it is impossible to apply transit visa with any E-visa. They only accept the photo copy of passport page with Visa, which means you have to show Uzbeikstan and Azerbaijan visa on passport.

So I'm here warmly remind all other tourist who recently get Uzbek E-visa, please try paper-stick visa if you wanna apply Turkmen transit visa in Dushanbe.

For the Uzbek visa in embassy, it only take 3-4 working days ( without paying the quick-visa fee).
2 x

aussietraveller7

Post by aussietraveller7 »

Hey Yaya,

I did Uzbekistan - Turkmenistan - Azerbaijan last month applying in Bishkek. E-visa was accepted no problems. If you are applying in Dushanbe, I think the embassy guy is very difficult. He refused to even check if my visa had been approved without a visa confirmation email (that most people never receive) and all the paperwork again.

I called Bishkek, they confirmed my visa has been approved and they emailed the embassy in Dushanbe. The next day the same guy was completely different, even friendly and gave me the visa stamp.

From my experience, if you have no luck here I would go to Tashkent. I also posted some updates on the Turkmenbashi ferry if it helps.
1 x