Kazakhstan visa for Russian train from Saratov-Astrakhan?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Teemu

Kazakhstan visa for Russian train from Saratov-Astrakhan?

Postby Teemu » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:46 am

Dear all,

does anyone know if passengers for Russian nighttrain from Saratov to Astrakhan (train no109A) need transit visa for Kazakhstan? It travels two times through Kazakstan territory. Train does not stop anywhere in Kazakhstan, nor there seems to be any border control or border stations at least according to time table. You can not leave the train anywhere in Kazakhstan. Have anyone travelled that route?

No-one in Finland does know anything about it, not even Kazakhstan embassy! They had never heard about that train, and there goes several trains daily through that route.

Yours,

Teemu
0 x

Hisashi H

Re: Kazakhstan visa for Russian train from Saratov-Astrakhan

Postby Hisashi H » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:03 pm

Dear Teemu

I have experienced the same problem with you.
And I tried my luck in 109A.
The conclusion is this train doesn't stop anywhere in Kazakhstan and you don't have any passport control.
I'm so sorry that this reply's too late.
But I hope someday this is of some help of you or some traveler to visit Astrakhan.

Yours,

Hisashi
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Kazakhstan visa for Russian train from Saratov-Astrakhan

Postby steven » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:08 am

Thank you Hisashi to let us know. I will update this on our Kazakhstan trains page as well.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D