Embassy report: Uzbek visa in Bishkek

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
vika

Re: Embassy report: Uzbek visa in Bishkek

Post by vika »

Had my Uzbek visa within a week (no LOI, tourist visa for 30 days, EU passport, 55USD visa fee + 20som bank charge)
At the moment (April 2018) it seems to work like this:
Make sure you arrive at the embassy before 10am (no need to make an appointment, everybody is told to show up at 10) and line up in the courtyard. At 10, the lady who works at the embassy will open a small window through which all the people waiting in the yard try to hand over their documents to her(you can keep your passport btw, so make sure you have prepared copies of both your passport and Kyrgyz visa/entry stamp for the embassy!) She will check them briefly and tell you to call her in 2-3 days and inquire about the status of your visa. Mine wasn't ready yet after 2 days, so I had to call again the day after -I guess it normally takes up to a week/5 working days.

Eventually I was told that my visa was ready so I went there the next day at 10am, gave her my passport and got a payment slip in return, went to the nearest KICB bank (there is a new one on the same street now, close to Akhunbaeva), paid, went straight back to the embassy, handed in the receipt and received my passport with the visa. All in all pretty stressless - the lady working at the embassy is a bit rude indeed, but correct and works fast.
0 x

adamweiss71

Post by adamweiss71 »

I am planning to apply for the Uzbek visa at the Bishkek embassy in two weeks, and I had a question about the application requirements. I am planning to apply for my Uzbek visa on my day of arrival in Bishkek, and then continue immediately to Karakol (I will return next week to Bishkek to pick it up). However, since I won't have access to a copy machine when I arrive (I am going straight to Karakol so I won't have a hotel yet), I do not know how to make a copy of my Kyrgyz entry stamp.

Will they make a copy of your Kyrgyz entry stamp at the embassy, or will my application be rejected if I don't have it? I read that there might be a post office at the airport, but I am not sure if they will be able to make a copy of my entry stamp for me. I just don't want to have my application rejected :geek:
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

There are plenty of copy shops in Bishkek. The underground on Chuy and ....? (sorry forgot) has a lot of them. very central, just ask around. Around any of the universities there are plenty as well.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D