Embassy report: Uzbek visa in Bishkek

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
xgo

Re: Embassy report: Uzbek visa in Bishkek

Post by xgo »

Thanks Steven and Andy, we managed to apply today for the visa in the Uzbekistan Embassy in Madrid - after 30 calls and 2 emails they said it'd be done in one week, fingers crossed. Easier this way...

Thank you again!

X
0 x

Rolof Stolk

Post by Rolof Stolk »

Hello everyone,

I am planning to get my Uzbek Visa in Bishkek at the 4th of August. It is not clear to me if there any price differences in getting a 7 - days, 15 -days or 30 - days visa in Bishkek?

I am a Dutch citizen.

Thanks!
0 x

Rolof Stolk

Post by Rolof Stolk »

Rolof Stolk wrote:Hello everyone,

I am planning to get my Uzbek Visa in Bishkek at the 4th of August. It is not clear to me if there any price differences in getting a 7 - days, 15 -days or 30 - days visa in Bishkek?

I am a Dutch citizen.

Thanks!
Found the answer on the Uzbek Embassy in Bishkek, it says 55 euro for 7 days, 65 euro for 15 days and 75 euro for 30 days for Visa fees (Not LOI).
0 x

Rolof Stolk

Post by Rolof Stolk »

Hello everyone,

When applying for visa do you only need your passport and the LOI, or also passport photos, etc.?
0 x

SPR11

Post by SPR11 »

Hello all,

My partner and I (Dutch and UK citizens respectively) will be applying for our Uzbek visas in Bishkek in the coming weeks. We'll be getting LOIs ahead of time as well.

Question about stating our ports of entry and exit: we're planning on heading into Afghanistan after Uzbekistan. Is that considered suspicious/something we should avoid putting on our application? If we put a different port of exit, will we actually be required to exit at that point?
0 x
Ramblings about our Asian journies at www.lostwithpurpose.com
There's some useful info too.

Rolof Stolk

Post by Rolof Stolk »

Both on the offical online application form and invitation letter it doesnt say where you exit or enter, only the cities you would like to visit. The cities should be in the right order of visiting. So if you enter near tashkent but the first city on your application form is khiva, you might have a problem. Yet the uzbek visa sticker in your passport does not say anything about cities or place of entry /exit.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

SPR11 wrote:Question about stating our ports of entry and exit: we're planning on heading into Afghanistan after Uzbekistan. Is that considered suspicious/something we should avoid putting on our application? If we put a different port of exit, will we actually be required to exit at that point?
No, there is no mention of your port of exit on your visa. You can do as you please once you have it in your passport.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Backpacker Bart

Post by Backpacker Bart »

Planning to apply for a visa in Bishkek next month, just checking the latest status: on which days is the embassy open to apply for the visa?
0 x

Karoutcho

Post by Karoutcho »

Just applied this morning with two french passports, no LOI.

The place was empty : it took 5mn everything included, with a very friendly dude who speaks a perfect english.

Needed :
- The application form from internet
- One ID Photo
- One copy of the passport (presentation page)
- One copy of the Kyrgyz stamp.

We applied in Bishkek but will pick it up in Douchanbe.
As we are cycling, we didn't want fixed date. Surprisingly, the guy told us that in this case, it's not a problem : we will have a 3 months window to enter the country. (!)

We will pay in Douchanbe when we'll get the visa.
Actually, it was so quickly done that we forgot to ask for the price...

Reading the forum, getting the Uzbek visa looks like not so easy.
Our experience seems too easy to be true. Well, we'll figure it out in Douchanbe !

Hope it helps !
Karoutcho !
Last edited by Karoutcho on Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

SPR11

Post by SPR11 »

Got the visa yesterday. All is basically as described on the page. No appointment needed.I had an LOI, so got the visa right away. The visa fee was $75 for a 30 day visa, payable at a bank about two kilometer away.
0 x
Ramblings about our Asian journies at www.lostwithpurpose.com
There's some useful info too.