Embassy report: Uzbek visa in Bishkek

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Josefine

Re: Embassy report: Uzbek visa in Bishkek

Postby Josefine » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:22 pm

My experience:
I'm Belgian, got a visum for Uzbekistan in 10 days without LOI.
Went to the ambassy without appointment and a few mimutes before 10 am (appointment hour) on 09/03/2016. I had all the neccesary paperwork with me. I was helped by a friendly man, who spoke English, took in my application and told me to call after 4 pm excatly 1 week later. He was not mad at all that I showed up without an appointment but he was very insisting on me calling and not comming to the embassy a week later. This is were I lost some time: 2 days in a row I was asked to call back the next day without a decent explanation why. On the third day I got lucky: I was told to collect my visa the next day after 10 am. Then I met the ' notorious' woman whose's in the stories above (I presume, because she spoke good english and almost friendly). All in all quite a hassle free visa pick up.
1 x

YannTlse

Postby YannTlse » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:40 pm

Hi everybody !
We applied for the ouzbek visa this week.
As the previous message says, we arrived at the ambassy in the morning without a appointement and with all the documents needed. They took them and asked to call one week later at 0312663078.
We keeped the passports with us without asking.
Before coming to the ambassy, 7 days later, we called to be sure that's the visa was ready.
It was and we picked up them the next morning.

So 8 processing days without LOI for 105$ each french passport.
It was a mistake to ask a urgent process...
1 x

juwanilie

Postby juwanilie » Thu May 26, 2016 1:08 pm

Our experience with uzbek visa in bishkek was positive !

We called on monday 16/05/16 and the girl responded even if the consulate is closed to public this day. And she speak english (number 0312663078). We had an appointment for the next morning ! We could apply with just the filled form (saying no profession, no inviting party), a photo and passeport photocopy (didnt asked for kirghiz stamp, and one of us didnt even had his passeport with him). We was two french passeport holders and an italian.

We were asked to call next friday and then got a appointment for the next tuesday, so it took 8 days with the normal procedure (75 USD each to pay in a nearby bank the day we recovered the visa).

We met an argentina/australia couple that get the visa the same day when they applied, but with a LOI.

Good luck but it should be fine !
0 x
Our traveling blog in french : http://verslestjusquaufarwest.wordpress.com

HokkaidoAndy

Postby HokkaidoAndy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:08 am

The Bishkek Embassy has now moved to a new location.

It's in the South of town, on Mira Prospekt, next to the Oxford International School. (42.833194, 74.583846) The entrance is via a gated residential area, to the right of the campus entrance. Then you walk to the left down a small street and the embassy is there, signed in Russian. It looks brand new. There's a seating area to wait in a small courtyard, then you go in through the door when called.

We (UK passports) applied today with LOI and received 30 day visas after paying the fee at a bank about 2km away. She wasn't exactly friendly, but the process worked and we were done within a few hours.
1 x

2londoners1bike

Postby 2londoners1bike » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:33 pm

Hi everyone,

Note that the Uzbek embassy in Bishkek has changed address - see Andy's post above! Go to the address stated on this website and you'll be in the wrong place.

The new embassy and visa office is off Manas Street in a gated commune to the right of the new Oxford International school.

You ask the guard to let you through and then the Uzbek office is on the left down the right fork. If you can't find it ask the sleepy guard who occupies te booth at the road fork.

Here is a google pin

https://goo.gl/maps/rg4CGqZvmyJ2

The office WAS open on a Monday and the women there spoke good English and wasn't anywhere near as rude as some other people have reported. We went at 11.30 no appointment, there was no one else there. We were told to call the number between 4-5 and were given an appointment at 10am next day. We both had a letter of invitation.

You pay the fee at the bank close by:

http://ge0.me/oz7Go-N7C-/Kicb_bank

Good luck!
1 x

2londoners1bike

Postby 2londoners1bike » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:33 am

2londoners1bike wrote:Hi everyone,

Note that the Uzbek embassy in Bishkek has changed address - see Andy's post above! Go to the address stated on this website and you'll be in the wrong place.

The new embassy and visa office is off Manas Street in a gated commune to the right of the new Oxford International school.

You ask the guard to let you through and then the Uzbek office is on the left down the right fork. If you can't find it ask the sleepy guard who occupies te booth at the road fork.

Here is a google pin

https://goo.gl/maps/rg4CGqZvmyJ2

The office WAS open on a Monday and the women there spoke good English and wasn't anywhere near as rude as some other people have reported. We went at 11.30 no appointment, there was no one else there. We were told to call the number between 4-5 and were given an appointment at 10am next day. We both had a letter of invitation.

We arrived at 10am and there was lots of people all waiting too. Clearly everyone gets told to just come at 10am...The guard was letting in people in one by one. We were one of the last and ended up waiting 90mins before we were seen.

Once seen, you leave your passports and go to pay the fee at the bank. It's a little bit of a walk... Note: the bank closes 12-1 for lunch and the visa office closes 1-2 for lunch!

http://ge0.me/oz7Go-N7C-/Kicb_bank

Good luck!
0 x

xgo

Postby xgo » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:25 am

Hi all,

We are a Spanish couple travelling to Uzbekistan from Bishkek beginning of August. Although we are thinking about applying for the visa in the Uzbek embassy in Spain, we are afraid that burocracy will take too long, and we are not sure that we want to risk the process. Thus, we are thinking about applying directly at the Uzbek embassy in Bishkek following the explainations of the travelleres in this topic.

Taking into account the difference of timmings depending on if you have a LOI or not, the question is: would you recommend to get a LOI in advance to make the process quicker, even if we don't need it as we are Spanish? Also, is there any chance to set the appointment with the embassy on a specific day? We'll be in transit in Bishkek during those days and we would like to avoid spending 3 to 7 days in Bishkek.

Thank you very much in advance,

X
0 x

xgo

Postby xgo » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:39 am

Ok, just read on the website that "many travelers who don’t need the letter of invitation decide to get one anyway so as not to get stuck too long if they are applying on the road". Got it.

Just another (maybe silly) question: thr price of the LOI at the Caravanistan website doesn't include the cost of the visa, right? So it's $70 for a 1-week-LOI + the cost of the 1-week visa, correct?

Thanks again!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:18 am

You can most likely set the date in advance, that's the whole point of the appointment system I would say.

And yes, it is that expensive! Need to pay the visa extra at the embassy, we charge just for the LOI.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

HokkaidoAndy

Postby HokkaidoAndy » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:52 am

xgo wrote:Ok, just read on the website that "many travelers who don’t need the letter of invitation decide to get one anyway so as not to get stuck too long if they are applying on the road". Got it.

Just another (maybe silly) question: thr price of the LOI at the Caravanistan website doesn't include the cost of the visa, right? So it's $70 for a 1-week-LOI + the cost of the 1-week visa, correct?

Thanks again!

The appointment system didn't really seem to mean anything when we were applying. We had an appointment, but we were just told to wait in line with the others, some of whom had appointments, others didn't. Everyone's 'appointment' time was 10:00am, which is just the time the embassy opens! So whether you call for an appointment or not, get there early to make sure you're seen quickly.

If time is the important factor, it's worth getting the LOI as you should get your visa that day. (Can vouch for Caravanistan's recommended agent for the LOI, they're very helpful)
1 x