Iran -driving through with own vehicle and getting a visa

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Iran -driving through with own vehicle and getting a vis

Postby steven » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:59 pm

Don't know, but never heard of anyone yet getting rejected for applying too early.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

roro

Re: Iran -driving through with own vehicle and getting a visa

Postby roro » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:56 am

Hi,

Eurasiaoverland wrote in 2014 :

"And another note YOU DO NOT NEED A FUEL CARD FOR PETROL OR DIESEL

Both petrol and diesel are sold freely without a card - ask at the pump 'azad'. You pay a higher price (still cheap of course). I am not sure about petrol prices, but diesel (October 2014) is 500 tomans per litre free price (half that with a card). The pump attendant will produce a card and sell it to you at this price with no fuss. Very occasionally there are petrol stations which do not have their own car, in which case you can either go and find another, or wait for a truck / bus driver to come and let you use his (he may ask for a small consideration).

One further tip.... avoid the main Turkey - Iran border at Gurbulak / Bazargan. There are two other borders which one can use - Razi (from Van) and Sero (from near Hakkari) which are much easier."

Please, let me know if Something have changed since 2014 (about Diesel card).
This year, I'm planning to use Razi border post (also with my car) and I need to know if it as easy to cross than Sero ( I've used this one in 2015 without any problem, from Turk to Iran). And I've used Bazargan's one in 2011 (from Iran to Turkey) and I remember it was very long, tedious, and some bribes attempt from officials on Iran side.
What are your recent experience ?
Thanks in advance.
RR.
2 x

roro

Postby roro » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:56 am

Hi again,

I've didn't receive any reply about my preceding post (see above).
No one have crossed these borders in recent monthes?
RR.
0 x

Tot hier en verder

Postby Tot hier en verder » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:27 am

Hi Roro,

In 2016 no diesel card was needed; the information from 2014 still seemed up to date. We used the Astara - Astara border crossing, so no experience with the crossings you mention.

Joost
1 x
Tot hier en verder - Tegendraads en grensverleggend

dev12

Postby dev12 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:34 am

Hello guys,

A debt of gratitude is in order for the immense data! on the off chance that we are not going to state we are driving our own auto, what do we say on the visa application frames - about flight points of interest? (we are driving through Iran on our way from India to the UK:). We don't have air tickets into and out of Iran. what's more, we would prefer not to choose an agenda eg on a portion of the Agency's requirements..... pondering what you did about this?
0 x

Van_Gogh

Postby Van_Gogh » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:28 pm

dev12 wrote:(...) we would prefer not to choose an agenda eg on a portion of the Agency's requirements..... pondering what you did about this?

I recommend you to chose an agency — not because I want you to spend more money, but it works well and saves you some hassle. I did the same when applying for my Iranian visa for crossing the country with my car, just don't tell the agency and say you're a "normal tourist" coming by plane.

Don't state on the visa application that you're going by car, just research the flight numbers and dates for some random flights from Tehran Airport (IKA) to e.g. London (LHR). Add some major cities and sights on the itinerary (e.g. Tehran, Esfahan, Shiraz or whatever) — it worked out best for me and other travellers as well. Once you're having the visa, you can enter the country by car.

More info also here: https://caravanistan.com/visa/iran/#vis ... -procedure
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:47 am

You don't have to say you are taking an airplane, you can also say you are coming by bus. Just don't say you are coming by car.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D