Turkmenistan transit visa - apply Ankara, collect Baku

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Vanessa

Turkmenistan transit visa - apply Ankara, collect Baku

Postby Vanessa » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:38 pm

Hello,
We are on our way from England to India (currently in Albania). I am planning the visas for the spring that I plan to get in Ankara. Reading the advice on your excellent site, I see that some people have applied for the Turkmenistan visa in Ankara and then collected it in Baku. Am I right in presuming that this helps with the dates on the visa and to help with the ferry timing? - does the visa carry the date of collection rather than application? If not, what is the benefit of collection in Baku, please?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Turkmenistan transit visa - apply Ankara, collect Baku

Postby steven » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:19 am

No, sadly, it is the date on your application, not the date of collection. Getting it right means guessing, stressing and being lucky.

The only advantage of picking it up elsewhere is that you do not have to wait 3 weeks in Ankara for the visa to be ready and can keep traveling.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D