Shiraz visa extension

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
nomadistan

Re: Shiraz visa extension

Post by nomadistan »

October 2019. I tried to renew a week before my visa expired and even though I explained I wasn’t going to any other provincial centres they said they wouldn’t renew before the last two days. Very friendly but weren’t able to help in my circumstances.
1 x

Explorer1234

Post by Explorer1234 »

Nov 2019. Applied for visa extension 5 days before end of visa (visa expired on Friday and I wanted to do some day trips in the meantime). There were 16 days til my flight out of Iran, and there were no issues extending for the full 30 days.
Interestingly the 30 days was from the expiry of my original visa NOT the day of issue of visa extension, different to what I've read elsewhere.
Process standard as described previously - arrived just before 8am, waited for office to open, and as a woman was let in first. Bank visit, then back to office where it seems you're passed through almost everyone who works there. Main man you deal with is lovely, and may ask you to write in his book. Issued visa and left at 10am. Easy!
1 x

FanGasp

Post by FanGasp »

Visa extension was super easy,
Go at the embassy in the morning.
Give your phone at the security guard
Follow the yellow line,
Esmael, speak fluent English and will welcome you with a book of all the tourists he helped. At first he ask us to came the last day of our visa. We told him we are traveling by bicycle and are on the way to Kerman. We didn't have to negotiate, he agreed immediately. He filled the forms for us,
If it's the case, don't tell you are hosted by locals. Just give the name of a random hostel.
We paid 500.000 irr by card
Once the form is filled in, you have to go in the outside, a man in a container prepare the folders and the copies for everyone. You just need two pictures. Be patient. It cost us 125000 irr for the copies.
We get back to esmael with the folders. The whole procedure took 1 hour. He ask us to came back later, at 1pm.
We get back at the embassy, everything was ready. We got 30 days as expected.
2 x

philo-velo

Post by philo-velo »

After our 45 days visa, we asked for a 30 days extension in June 2022.
It happened almost exactly the same way for us than what is described on the previous post by FanGasp: very easy, police officer (the famous Ismael) very nice and helpful, quite fast.

Two little differences:
> we had no iranian credit card, only cash, but instead of asking us to go to the bank (as explained in older posts), we gave our cash to one of the police officer who paid with his card
> we didn't brought pictures with us, so Ismael explained us where the closest photograph is - it takes about 30 minutes to go/take picture/come back, and there is no problem at all to quit then come back to the immigration office while the procedure is not finished

When we asked to the police officer who welcomed us if he was "the famous Ismael", he answered yes but asked "why should I be famous ?": so we showed him this webpage :D.
So, Ismael if you read this message, thanks again for your help and kindness ;) !!

About the costs, each of us paid:
> 500 000 IRR for the extension (no surprise)
> 225 000 IRR for the copies in the courtyard of the office (more expensive than expected, no explanation why :o !)
> 350 000 IRR for 6 identity pictures in the photograph studio (also more expensive than expected !)

Hoping this post will be helpful to other travellers ;)
1 x