Shiraz visa extension

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
nomadistan

Re: Shiraz visa extension

Post by nomadistan »

October 2019. I tried to renew a week before my visa expired and even though I explained I wasn’t going to any other provincial centres they said they wouldn’t renew before the last two days. Very friendly but weren’t able to help in my circumstances.
1 x

Explorer1234

Re: Shiraz visa extension

Post by Explorer1234 »

Nov 2019. Applied for visa extension 5 days before end of visa (visa expired on Friday and I wanted to do some day trips in the meantime). There were 16 days til my flight out of Iran, and there were no issues extending for the full 30 days.
Interestingly the 30 days was from the expiry of my original visa NOT the day of issue of visa extension, different to what I've read elsewhere.
Process standard as described previously - arrived just before 8am, waited for office to open, and as a woman was let in first. Bank visit, then back to office where it seems you're passed through almost everyone who works there. Main man you deal with is lovely, and may ask you to write in his book. Issued visa and left at 10am. Easy!
1 x