Iran Visa - Dual Nationality

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
javadxster

Iran visa authorisation code for Dual British and Afghan citizen

Post by javadxster »

Hello,

I am dual citizen of British and Afghan, I want to travel to Iran with my new Afghan E-passport to avoid future complication with US visa waiver if I travelled with my British passport.
“If you are not of ‘English’ heritage – for example Iraqi, Indian or Afghan roots, you do qualify to obtain an independent travel tourist visa – this means you do not need to book a tour, or be accompanied by a guide. You can travel freely in the country by yourself.” from magiccarpettravel website

Does anyone if I am able to obtain Iran visa authorisation code and then Visa from Iran embassy in London, if I use my Afghan passport? Obviously I will also take my British passport with me to get back into UK.
Also my parents have the old Afghan passport, will Iran embassy give them Visa?
0 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Re: Iran visa authorisation code for Dual British and Afghan citizen

Post by Crazydre »

"Does anyone if I am able to obtain Iran visa authorisation code and then Visa from Iran embassy in London, if I use my Afghan passport?"
Of course!

"Also my parents have the old Afghan passport, will Iran embassy give them Visa?"
There is no such requirement as passports having to be biometric, so again, no problem.

However, contrary to popular belief, the US will know you visited Iran, even if on a new passport (however, I don't know if the same is true when using another country's passport).
0 x

Anonymous1

Dual Nationality re Iran

Post by Anonymous1 »

Hi guys,

My wife and I have dual nationality (UK and Irish) and are currently applying through the site recommended agent for our Iran visa. We have been asked on the form for our previous nationality. Technically of course we don't have a previous nationality and are reluctant to mention the British element for obvious reasons.

Has anyone any experience in this regard?

We have another couple of questions to
- As we are cycling we don't know the exact date of arrival, does this matter?
- Is a full 30 day itinerary really necessary for the form?

All help welcomed!
Last edited by Anonymous1 on Sun May 14, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Radelman

Re: Dual Nationality re Iran

Post by Radelman »

The date of arrival is not the exact date you have to enter. You can enter after this date and get the full 30 days.
Don't need either a full 30 day itinerary. Mention a few cities. That's enough.
0 x

Anonymous1

Re: Dual Nationality re Iran

Post by Anonymous1 »

Thanks! That's great.
0 x

bicycletraveller

Dual citizenship for Iran Visa

Post by bicycletraveller »

Hello,

I have dual citizenship with the US and South Korea. Because of the current political climate I'm being more cautious with my trip plans. Has anyone gone through Iran recently with a secondary passport being from the US? Also, have some concerns being able to head back to the enter back into the States after visiting Iran.

Please let me know if you have any experience with this! Thoughts/opinions are also welcome!
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Dual citizenship for Iran Visa

Post by bwv812 »

Enter Iran on your Korean passport and make no mention of your US passport (if entering by land, this means you should probably enter the prior country on your Korean passport, too, in case they check stamps).

As an American citizen you have the right to enter the US regardless of where you've been.
0 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Post by Crazydre »

In Iran you're processed according to the travel document you present, so use your Korean passport there and get a visa on arrival (if entering by air or by land from Armenia)

A US citizen cannot be denied entry to their own country, full stop!
0 x

Kiwi006

Post by Kiwi006 »

Hi my son and I (NZ ) are also applying for LOI for Iran using the agent on this site.

They asked for a PayPal payment in euros, and it went to a guy with a European name. I'm hoping this is all legitimate, as they've not emailed me again since I sent the payment.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi Kiwi,

it is legitimate. Iran is locked out of the international banking system, so there is no way for them to receive payments without the help of intermediaries. In this case, the payment went directly to me. If it wasn't for people like me, it would be impossible for you to get a letter of invitation since you would not be able to pay for it.

If you have issues with Zahra, let me know. But really, she is just waiting for confirmation from the MFA to send you your LOI. It comes in about 10 working days usually.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D