Iran Visa - Dual Nationality

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Jejune_vagabond

Re: Dual citizenship for Iran Visa

Post by Jejune_vagabond »

Hey, dual citizen here, American and Spanish born in the US. Had no problem applying for Iran VISA in Ankara with my Spanish Passport. For birthplace I only wrote Town, State.
0 x

SHK

Iran visa question - Visa question - Dual German and US citizen living in the US

Post by SHK »

I am a German citizen as well as US citizen. I live in the US and plan to travel to Iran. How can I go about obtaining a visa?
0 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Re: Iran visa question - Visa question - Dual German and US citizen living in the US

Post by Crazydre »

Use your German passport to get a visa on arrival (or at an embassy if entering overland)

If flying into Tehran, you'll need to make an application through this website at least two days in advance, print the submission confirmation and present it with your passport at the airport. https://evisatraveller.mfa.ir/en/request/apply/

As for your US passport, only use it when re-entering the US.
1 x

SHK

Re: Iran visa question - Visa question - Dual German and US citizen living in the US

Post by SHK »

Thanks. I'll be flying US -> Frankfurt -> Tehran, i.e. starting in the US. I live in the US and my German passport was issued by the US consulate in Chicago. Do you think any of this is going to be a problem?
0 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Post by Crazydre »

No, all of that is ganz unwesentlich. Like I said, just remember that application, because a passenger recently got sent back from Tehran for not having submitted it (can't prove that it was the reason, but it feels highly likely)
1 x

SHK

Post by SHK »

Vielen Dank! This is really helpful.
0 x

SHK

Post by SHK »

One more question: Do I need a travel insurance that clearly states "Iran"?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

SHK wrote:One more question: Do I need a travel insurance that clearly states "Iran"?
No
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Jan W

Iran Visa - Dual Nationality

Post by Jan W »

Hi, i am a dual Belgian-US citizen with his permanent residence in the USA. I understand Belgians can get a visa on arrival; and that Americans needs to work with a travel agency. Will entering on my Belgian passport cause any issues if the Iranian authorities find out i am also a US citizen (e.g. by asking for my permanent residence, or checking some database, or checking my luggage since i travel with both passports)?

Does anyone have experience with this?

thanks
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Iran Visa - Dual Nationality

Post by steven »

I merged your question with other similar questions, so you can find some answers above.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D