Iranian visa in Brunei

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
funkyboots

Iranian visa in Brunei

Postby funkyboots » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:46 am

This is unlikely to be verry useful info... I am possibly the only Irish passport holder, temporarily resident in Brunei to get an Iramian visa in Bandar, Brunei! But , just in case it's of any help to anyone, here's the lowdown ... I thought I'd chance my arm and apply for the visa without an authorisation number before I leave here at the end of the month, and if I failed, then I would go through an agent and apply again to pick one up in Ireland in Jan. Showed up at the embassy in Bandar, had a chat with the friendly consul, filled in the form and showed him my vague itinerary and he said he would be in touch. Today, 8 days later, he called to say my visa had been approved and I can call in at my convenience to get it stamped. Was gobsmacked at how easy it was! Trip excitement is now starting to kick in, even though I won,t start till mid Feb :D
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Iranian visa in Brunei

Postby steven » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:47 am

Great news! Had to double-check to make sure Brunei is indeed the miniature oil-state in Borneo. What the hell are you doing there? Not teaching English, I reckon?
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

funkyboots

Postby funkyboots » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:41 pm

In my last week of 3 years spent teaching English in a government primary school... not the most exciting destination but for the travel funds :)
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:56 pm

Yes, I hear the beer selection is limited...must be tough for an Irish lass...:-)
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

funkyboots

Postby funkyboots » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:13 pm

Indeed! ;) I plan to make up for it on holiday in Munich in a couple of weeks, though!
0 x