Embassy closures during Nowruz?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
funkyboots

Embassy closures during Nowruz?

Post by funkyboots »

I have just hit another logistical issue with my plan to get my Chinese visa in Tehran... i will be in Iran in February and hoping to get a visa extension to allow me a good 6 weeks there... Which means i would be up in Tehran and looking to get Chinese & Turkmen visas in the last 2 weeks of March - I have just read that much of the country grinds to a halt for 10 days at this time for Nowruz. Does anyone know if there are specific dates and if they affect all embassies? i am hoping it might be like some festivals back home where only some businesses close... I suspect not, though... Thanks if anyone can advise on this.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy closures during Nowruz?

Post by steven »

It affects all embassies Central Asian embassies. I don't know exact start and finish dates, though.

Chinese might work though, since they don't celebrate it....not entirely sure.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D