Apply for new e-visa while still in Iran

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Apply for new e-visa while still in Iran

Post by steven »

Via pm:

Two days ago, in Tehran, we got a second extension of our visa which allows us to stay until the 1st of january (so we got around 90 days of staying time in Iran). But during the interview, the officer told us that it was the last time that we could ask for an extension.

We would like to stay even longer than 90 days in Iran. So we want to apply for a visa that we could withdraw at the Iranian embassy in Dubai. We will get to Dubai by boat from the south of Iran. And then come back by the same way. So what should we do...

Could we already apply for an e-visa despite the fact that we are still in Iran? Or should we wait until we are in Dubai for applying ?

Hope you can help us.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Apply for new e-visa while still in Iran

Post by steven »

I personally do not know, I guess there is only one way of finding out! Do let us know when you have more info.
0 x

Miguel

Post by Miguel »

Thanks Steven. I will let you know. I already apply for new evisa from Iran. Let's see what happen...
1 x

Beth

Post by Beth »

Hi Miguel,

Interested in doing the same thing (am also at the end of my possible extensions). Very curious to know how you have gone with e-visa. I thought such a thing wouldn't be possible but interested to know if you have done it.
0 x

MartineSmeets

Post by MartineSmeets »

Hi All.
We (my husband and our two daughters, traveling in our campervan) are in Esfahan at the moment. We've been in Iran for 30 days. and we just extended our visa for the next period of 30 days. But we want to go to India (via Bandar Abbas and take a flight from Dubai) for about a month and then come back to Iran. And then use our last 30 days, to travel from Bandar Abbas to Turkmenistan.
Problem is: we have single entry visa. and we want the 'in between month' in India. If we apply for new visa, it will be 400 euro's extra. So if it's possible we, obviously, like to prevent that.

So I was wondering:
1. Does anyone on this forum has experience with changing an Iran single entry visum to a multiple entry visum? And what was "the trick" to make it happen? Esfahan defenitly is NOT the place to get this kind of thing done (we experienced)
2. Does anyone know/has experience with a 'break' in between the 90 days your allowed to stay in Iran?

Tnx!
Martine Smeets.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi Martine,

I don't think that is possible. You will have to apply for new visas, since you are flying it will be on arrival so you do not need an invitation, that saves you a 100 euros.

I would like to ask you though, could you give us a report of the visa application process for your daughters (is the price the same, do they need a headscarf, a separate id/passport?)

Thank you!
0 x

MartineSmeets

Post by MartineSmeets »

Hi Steven, and others,

Regarding the girls: They are 10 and 12 and didn't need a foto with Hijab.
And for me: I didn't need a foto with Hijab when I used 1stQuest for the application, and I got the visum. But when we were in Shiraz for the extention, I needed (after a big discussion by two officials, who didn't agree with eachother on the issue) to go out, to make new foto's with hijab :-(

About my multiple entry visum change question:
We used 1stQuest visa service. On their service: The were great, verry friendly, fast, and arranged that, we as a family got our authorizationcode in a few days. So a was really happy. Great organisation.
But now I really regret I wasn't more persistent and precise in our communication. I asked them to get us a multiple entry visum. Because we knew beforehand (because of the weather) that we wanted to leave Iran, with our campervan, by Ferry from Bander Abas. And after a trip (via Dubai and India) come back via Bandar Abas, with our van an again by ferry. But the impression I got was that is was better to ask for the "easy, big chance you get it" visa, and change it lateron in Iran. This is the exact anwer I got:
"question nr 3. Your visa is single-entry. So i guess you'd better get a visa at first for 30 days and extend it for another month. then leave iran and come back and get a visa again on arrival. it can be done at the airport.
Regarding your minivan; you can find a parking in any city to leave your car there safely or find some one who'd accept to give you a parking place. Iran is full of nice people. you will find a solution for that easily and quickly"
Now a read the exact wording, I see you can understand it in different ways. I read it then, that is possible to arrange any visum change in Iran, when we would get there. But now we are in Iran, and it seems absolutely impossible. The only way is to apply for new visa again. An other 400 euro's :-(
But far more important for us: we run the risk that if we leave Iran, we do not get a new entry visum. If that will happen, we are stuck in Dubai with our campervan, and will not be able to drive back home (to Holland) by safe countries. Shipping a 5000 kilo campervan and 4 people to a safe place from where we will be able to drive back home, will cost us maybe thousands of euro's. So I'm really sad, pissed and troubled that 1stQuest didn't apply for the multiple entry visum, as I first asked them. Bus most of all that I was not persistend and crisp enough, about the details.
I write this not as a complaint (I think 1stQuest is great to use for iran visa applications, and we will ask them again for our next visum) but I hope next travelers are aware of the fact that is NOT possible to change a single entry to a multiple entry visum. And Iran does sometimes refuse visa. We met other Duchies by bike, who's visum was refused (november 2018 I believe) and who had to get on a plain with bikes, to enter Iran. Unfortunately minivans don't fit in handlugage these days ;-)

Kind regards,
Martine.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

The agency didn't say you could change to multi-entry while in Iran. They said you could extend your visa for another 30 days, then suggested you leave your van in Iran while you went to Dubai/India, and then fly back to Iran and get VoA. Getting a visa extension doesn't mean you get to leave Iran and come back.

I've never heard of anyone receiving a multi-entry visa to Iran.
1 x

golandy

Post by golandy »

We applied for a new RN while in Iran, because there's only one week between exit and re-entry, this was not a problem. We used key2persia, we made a mistake and they were very helpful, highly recommended.
1 x

Miguel

Post by Miguel »

Hi,
From the question we post a few months ago, here is the answer. And sorry we were on the road and we did not have time to give a feeback earlier.
E-visa did not work. We went to the Iranian embassy in Dubai and they told us to do it through an agency located in Tehran. It seemed to be the only option we had. They canceled the request we made online for the E-visa. We contacted the agency and two days later we got our visa. We had to pay for insurance, visa and the agency (30 euro / person).
We hope it helps someone...
2 x