Shopping for Visas in Dushanbe: Embassy Reports

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
pigafetta

Shopping for Visas in Dushanbe: Embassy Reports

Postby pigafetta » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:17 am

The following info is from July 2014 and concerns applications for Uzbek, Kazakh, and Azeri visas in Dushanbe, Tajikistan, with Italian passport.

Uzbek Visa
Walking North on Rudaki Avenue, the Uzbek embassy is down the first street on the left past the Tajikmatlubot Hotel. Open Monday to Friday, 9am to Noon. Some ten metres before the queue and the guards there is an open door. Everything outside in in Russian, but inside an English-speaking guy will help with forms and answer questions, for 8 TJS. Thirty-days visa without LOI, applied on Thursday, collected the following Wednesday, 105 USD, pay on the spot, you keep your passport, no English spoken.

Kazakh Visa
The embassy is in Husseinzonda Street, the first wide street on the Southern branch of Rudaki Avenue, not far from the Archaeological Museum. Closed on Weekends and Wednesdays. Thirty-days visa, applied on Friday, collected on Monday, 30 USD, pay at the Kazkoz Bank in Ayni Street, you keep your passport, no English spoken.

Azeri Visa
On the web there is some confusion about the location of this embassy. The actual address is 18 Plehanova Street. Walking North on Rudaki avenue, past Karamov Street, it is the third or fourth on the left. Transit visa (5 days in a one-month window period), applied on Thursday, collected the following Tuesday. Contrarily to what I gathered from the web, they said there is no same-day procedure, which may make a significant difference if one is simultaneously applying for a Turkmen transit visa and the Azeri visa is one's proof of onward travel. You keep your passport, the person in charge speaks English.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Shopping for Visas in Dushanbe: Embassy Reports

Postby steven » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:09 pm

Thank you for a timely update!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Postby bwv812 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:50 pm

For the Uzbek visa, did the 30-day period start running from the date you got your visa, or were you able to select a future date? When I got mine in 2012, they completely ignored the dates listed on my LOI and started the visa on the date of issue, effectively transforming my 30-day visa into a 14-day visa after I went to the pamirs.
0 x
My 2012 overland trip from Tokyo to Istanbul: https://silkroadwanderings.blogspot.com

pigafetta

Postby pigafetta » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:38 am

hey sorry for the late reply, i haven't been around for a while. i can't help very much on this: my visa ran from the day I got it, and i didn't ask for a future date...
0 x