Mashad Iran Visa Extension

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Mashad Iran Visa Extension

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports on the visa extension process in Mashad below.

We summarize all info in the Iran visa extension page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Kierunek-Wschod

Mashad Iran Visa Extension

Post by Kierunek-Wschod »

Mashhad immigration office (as of July 2015):

As some of the online information on the location of the immigration office in Mashad is misleading (e.g. the notion about proximity to the Azad University, which is faaaaar away to the north), the correct coordinates are:

- South from Shahid Kaveh Subway Station, get to the Kaveh St - Pirouzi Blvd crossroad , and walk 100 m south-east down the Pirouzi Blvd. Afterwards, turn right and after another 50 m, you can see the name of the office written in English on the right side.

- Google Maps coordinates: 36.28192, 59.55088
- Google + profile of the office: https://plus.google.com/105823505607350 ... bout?hl=pl

The place is a bit chaotic, be there early as many local Afghan and Pakistani people come there for their residence permit extensions as well. At 11:00 a.m., I saw that no newcomers were allowed in.

The price for visa extension was 345000 rials, payable at the nearby Melli Bank close to the subway station.
If the workers try to convince you that it's too early to extend your visa (I had 5 days left on mine, but there were national holidays coming on the way), be persistent, and eventually someone will help you. I was done with everything within 3 hours from my arrival - but I also met a very friendly, French-speaking guy called Esfan, who helped me a lot. If he's still there (as his military service was coming to an end), try to talk to him - he'll surely help you. Honestly, a fantastic guy, patient and quick in taking my case straight to the colonel in charge of the office without me asking for it. They offered me a 30 day extension themselves, though I was fine with 15 days, to show some humbleness :)

There's a copy shop available at the office.

Good luck!
Hubert
0 x
On the road to China
www.kierunek-wschod.com

Giom

Post by Giom »

I tried to extend my visa in Mashhad today, without success. It seems like it's only possible if you are nearby the expiry date. Earlier than a week before expiration isn't possible, even if I explained that I will not be able to get on time at the next imigration office, hence I am travelling on bicycle.

Opening hours: 7am-1:30pm (cell phones, cameras and tablets have to deposed at the entrance). It's a very crowded and chaotic place.

The procedure:
- First you need to get a form and make some copies of your passeport at the information shelter. Cost: 3000 tomans
- At this time the soldier at the information shelter spoke very well english and could help me to fill out one form in Farsi (the one who looks like a letter). The translated one (looks like a table) can be filled out in english. You NEED to fill out one form in Farsi, because the officer responsible of the decision don't understand english... (as I get there with the form filled out in english, he just send me out, after having waited for one hour!).
- Once you get the two forms filled out and signed, and the copies of your passeport, you have to go to shelter 7. Only one officer is responsible of the decision for all the people! So the waiting time is quiet long... it tooks me one hour. You bether take a book with you. If you are a couple, the woman can make the queue for both, it will be a little faster.
- Hence you get the extension, you have to go to bank on the opposite side of the road, and pay 34'500 tomans (~3$).

In summary you should only go there for extension if you have no other possibilities.
The officer also told me that extensions in Birjand are not possible, so the nearest places to extend are Bojnord or Kerman.

Good luck!
2 x

Giom

Post by Giom »

More informations about the last part of the visa extension in Mashad.
-making the paiement at the bank take about 2 hours. It's just at the corner, 300m far. Do it on the same day that your request get accepted.
-on the next day you need to go again to the imigration office to get the stamp in your passport. Be there very early! I was there at 6:50am and it was already too late to get one of the 120 tickets. You should be there at least at 6:30am. You will have to wait outside until they open the complex, then inside again to get the ticket, and another time to get the stamp. Boring.
So in the end it tooks at least two mornings to extend the visa. A hustle.
2 x