Transit visa Kazakhstan Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Oaklee91

Transit visa Kazakhstan Q&A

Postby Oaklee91 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:56 am

Thank you! As of now, I'm planning to apply at the Embassy in Jakarta.
0 x

laurent_rio

Re: Kazakhstan e-visa Q&A

Postby laurent_rio » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:12 am

Hi
Oaklee91 wrote:Thank you! As of now, I'm planning to apply at the Embassy in Jakarta.

Hi Oaklee,

if u start and finish from different country and less than 5 days you can just apply transit visa in Embassy Jakarta (my partner do it before). Transit visa doesnt need LOI and only need visa from start/end and ticket
For example my route last time was Dushanbe-Almaty-Delhi. So they only need me to provide visa tajikistan and India and ticket
2 x

Oaklee91

Postby Oaklee91 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:51 am

laurent_rio wrote:Hi
Oaklee91 wrote:Thank you! As of now, I'm planning to apply at the Embassy in Jakarta.

Hi Oaklee,

if u start and finish from different country and less than 5 days you can just apply transit visa in Embassy Jakarta (my partner do it before). Transit visa doesnt need LOI and only need visa from start/end and ticket
For example my route last time was Dushanbe-Almaty-Delhi. So they only need me to provide visa tajikistan and India and ticket

Thank you for your thoughtful reply, Laurent Rio.

May I ask, were the Transit Visas also stickered onto the passport?
0 x

laurent_rio

Postby laurent_rio » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:22 am

Oaklee91 wrote:

Hi Oaklee,

Yes sticker passport, and it is exact date for enter and exit (u can enter later and exit earlier) but maximum is 5 days only
0 x

Oaklee91

Postby Oaklee91 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:44 am

laurent_rio wrote:
Oaklee91 wrote:

Hi Oaklee,

Yes sticker passport, and it is exact date for enter and exit (u can enter later and exit earlier) but maximum is 5 days only

Thank you for the reply. I will deliberate with my travel agent first and also my traveling friend. It seems much cheaper and easier as well. The LOI will cost us USD50 per person and the visa fee itself will cost USD60.

Did you still remember how much you paid for the transit visa? And does the transit visa look similar like the usual tourist visa (colorful in pastel)? I'm sorry this is kinda random from me, just out of curiosity.

Transit visa seems pretty fine for us actually. We will only be in Almaty for 3 days. We will arrive from Delhi and to Bishkek. Both countries' visas can be applied online. In fact, Indian e-Visa is free for Indonesian citizens, and Kyrgyzstan e-Visa won't require Indonesian an LOI. :)
0 x

laurent_rio

Postby laurent_rio » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:48 pm

Oaklee91 wrote:
laurent_rio wrote:
Oaklee91 wrote:

Thank you for the reply. I will deliberate with my travel agent first and also my traveling friend. It seems much cheaper and easier as well. The LOI will cost us USD50 per person and the visa fee itself will cost USD60.

Did you still remember how much you paid for the transit visa? And does the transit visa look similar like the usual tourist visa (colorful in pastel)? I'm sorry this is kinda random from me, just out of curiosity.

Transit visa seems pretty fine for us actually. We will only be in Almaty for 3 days. We will arrive from Delhi and to Bishkek. Both countries' visas can be applied online. In fact, Indian e-Visa is free for Indonesian citizens, and Kyrgyzstan e-Visa won't require Indonesian an LOI. :)

Yes, transit visa is way MUCH cheaper, only 20 USD and without need of LOI

TRANSIT VISA is very similar shape and colour with tourist visa, the only different is maximum duration is 5 days and it is fixed date ( u need to mention clearly when u enter and when u exit and it cant be more than 5 days, while tourist visa is 30 days flexible within 90 days)

Yes, i suggest u do for transit visa, make sure you call embassy of Kazakhstan in jakarta first before come to submit, last time they always open and close as per their mood, once we went there and they said, internet break down, cant submit haha..so need to come the next day
1 x

Oaklee91

Postby Oaklee91 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:08 am

laurent_rio wrote:
Oaklee91 wrote:
laurent_rio wrote:

Yes, transit visa is way MUCH cheaper, only 20 USD and without need of LOI

TRANSIT VISA is very similar shape and colour with tourist visa, the only different is maximum duration is 5 days and it is fixed date ( u need to mention clearly when u enter and when u exit and it cant be more than 5 days, while tourist visa is 30 days flexible within 90 days)

Yes, i suggest u do for transit visa, make sure you call embassy of Kazakhstan in jakarta first before come to submit, last time they always open and close as per their mood, once we went there and they said, internet break down, cant submit haha..so need to come the next day

I appreciate the information given. Thank you very much!!
0 x