Applying for Pakistani visa from Dubai (UAE)

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
ahafs1

Applying for Pakistani visa from Dubai (UAE)

Post by ahafs1 »

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone on here can help out.

Basically, planning to apply for a tourist visa from Dubai (where I work and currently reside - I am a British citizen though). Anyone know of anything I should be mindful of before applying? Hear there is a lot of red tape so to speak and almost certainly don't want to be going back and forth to the consulate because something is missing.

I have read on various websites that I might need a LOI. Must this be from a tour company in order to apply for the tourist visa or could this be private too? If the latter, does it need to be notarized etc?

For the tourist visa, I know I need to submit:

- Application form
- Two passport photos
- Residence visa copy
- NOC from my employer
- Passport

Is there anything else required?

Just to put it into context and provide the reasons for my trip, and not sure if this should be written on my application form, met a Pakistani lady and wanted to meet her family out there as we may end up marrying at some point in the future. That is pretty much the reason behind wanting to travel there. Should I include this fact?

Any help or guidance will be much appreciated.

Thanks!!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Applying for Pakistani visa from Dubai (UAE)

Post by steven »

2 things:

1. Do NOT mention you want to marry a Pakistani woman. And when you do plan to get married, do it in Dubai, or do it officially on a private visa/wedding visa. To meet boyfriends (girlfriends is rather rare) and marry is the most common reason to visit Pakistan, and you cannot do that on a tourist visa. It'll be fine for you but not for the person issuing the LOI to you. They will get shut down by the government and lose their livelihood.

2. Regarding LOI, see https://caravanistan.com/visa/pakistan/ ... tation-loi The page has a lot of other info re visas
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

ahafs1

Post by ahafs1 »

Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it!

So in the future, what you are saying is if I were to end up marrying her, it's best to have her or her family invite me on a private visa? Would that then mean her family issues the LOI? What visa would that then fall under?

Thanks 😁
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

It would be best if she figures that out instead of me. First off, she lives there so it's easier for her to ask people, and secondly, you are marrying her (not me) and she needs to know how these things work.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

martin94

Post by martin94 »

In case you didn't know, Pakistan has recently announced its intention to liberalize its visa requirements quite extensively. Details are still emerging but it's worth googling and following announcements by embassies etc as positive changes are coming. Imran Khan (new Pak PM) has made promoting tourism a big priority. See e.g. https://www.dawn.com/news/1460254
2 x

ahafs1

Post by ahafs1 »

Thanks for the link martin94. Will def keep a close eye following updates etc.
0 x