Pakistan E-visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Pakistan E-visa Q&A

Post by steven »

Please leave all your questions and reports about the Pakistan E-visa below.

We summarize all info in the Pakistan visa page.

Reports on the Pakistan visa on arrival process are gathered in this forum thread.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

jacoblab1

Re: Pakistan e-visa Q&A

Post by jacoblab1 »

Hope they provide some more info on the e-visa system soon. Planning a visit this May but feel like I'm gonna have to go through the current visa process anyways, I doubt they'll have the new system in place that quickly.
0 x
My solo-travel blog: On The Way Around
Covers destinations such as China, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and more!

stefaluc

New Pakistan E-Visa Process

Post by stefaluc »

Hello, I didn't see any discussion on this, so I thought I'd start a thread. For those of you that aren't aware, Pakistan is planning on implementing a new E-Visa format which will hopefully make it much easier for obtaining a Pakistan visa.

Now for my current situation. I'm planning on cycling across Asia starting sometime this April and would like to make my way through Pakistan on this trip, probably sometime around this coming September or October. Since getting a Pakistan visa ideally requires you to do this process through your home country's embassy, I would want to start getting my Pakistan visa within the coming weeks and try to finagle my way to extend the expiration to 6 or so months so I can have the visa in hand when I leave for my trip in April. However, this whole process could be completely unnecessary if Pakistan's new e-visa format is put into place. I was wondering if anyone has heard word about how long it will take for this process to be up and running, or knows a length of time estimate based on other countries that have done this. If it is up and running within the next 4-5 months, I wouldn't need to get my Pakistan visa 6 months in advance in my home country and could just get it on the road. If not, I'll need to start that process quite soon.

I'm assuming I should probably just get my visa now to be safe, but any additional insight on this would be much appreciated :)
0 x

jacoblab1

Re: New Pakistan E-Visa Process

Post by jacoblab1 »

I'm in a similar situation. Planning a visit in May, and unfortunately there's no info on when the new system will be implemented.
I asked my local embassy, and they recommended applying for a visa to be safe, as even they had no idea.
0 x

HugheyG

Post by HugheyG »

If they have no idea then who does? haha
0 x

stefaluc

Post by stefaluc »

Yea, wow, crazy that the embassy has no idea. I'll try asking my embassy as well, but I'm assuming it will be the same. Thanks for the info jacoblab1.
0 x

dave_nidda

Post by dave_nidda »

I do not know whether we can trust this website, but today I found this:
https://www.phoneworld.com.pk/pakistan- ... -business/
They say, that the e-visa should be introduced in the coming month...?
0 x

stumaniac

Post by stumaniac »

Pakistan is implementing the e visa for five countries on a trial basis on March 14. Maybe this is what was meant by rollout within the month. Hopefully more will be added soon; it is supposed to be eventually available for 175 countries. But if you're in United Kingdom, Turkey, China, Malaysia and UAE, you supposedly can apply next week. Still haven't seen the web site where this will be accomplished, though.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1926331/1- ... ial-basis/
1 x

jacoblab1

Re: Pakistan e-visa and VOA Q&A

Post by jacoblab1 »

So, looks like the official e-visa site has been released.

https://visa.nadra.gov.pk/

Currently only five countries can get it, but it says they will be adding more countries soon. For tourist visa, it looks like you can provide hotel bookings instead of a LOI (If I'm understanding it properly).

I just got an old fashioned visa for my visit at the end of April (way to close to wait and see if Canada is added to the site). Glad that on my next visit I'll be able to get a visa much more easily!
2 x

stefaluc

Re: Pakistan e-visa and VOA Q&A

Post by stefaluc »

Was just about to give up on the e-visa and attempt to get a visa from my home embassy literally tomorrow. But, seeing that's there's an actual website created, I'm unsure if I should still go ahead with just getting the visa from the embassy or wait until the website supports USA visas.

I'm wondering if this e-visa would be valid at land borders as well. I'm setting off on my cycling trip in a month and a half and won't need the visa for 4-5 months. Since there's still a lot of uncertainties with the e-visa, I'd definitely feel a bit more comfortable if I had a visa in hand before leaving for my trip.
0 x