Pakistan E-visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
bwv812
China expert
China expert
Posts: 720
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:02 pm
x 3289
x 170

Re: Pakistan e-visa and VOA Q&A

Postby bwv812 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:36 pm

Reporting yourself as anything other than "employed" (or "student") is just asking for additional scrutiny, and giving them reasons to deny your visa.
0 x
My 2012 overland trip from Tokyo to Istanbul: https://silkroadwanderings.blogspot.com

BlueNonoka
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:19 am
x 25
x 21

Re: Pakistan e-visa and VOA Q&A

Postby BlueNonoka » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:39 am

Update on the eVisa site:

Pakistan Online Visa System is now open for the citizens of these 175 Countries.
https://visa.nadra.gov.pk/electronic-tr ... ation-eta/

Moreover, citizens from these 50 Countries are eligible to apply for Visa On Arrival under Tourist Category.
https://visa.nadra.gov.pk/tourist-frien ... ntriestfc/

And the citizens from these 95 Countries are eligible to apply for Visa on Arrival under Business Category.
https://visa.nadra.gov.pk/business-visa-list-bvl/
3 x

josetxo
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:07 am
x 2

Re: Pakistan e-visa and VOA Q&A

Postby josetxo » Thu May 02, 2019 4:11 pm

Updates on the online visa application. I just created an account to apply for a tourist visa online only to see if there new options in the 'entry port' and 'departure port' questions. There is good news. The application allows you now to select any of the following ports of entry/destination:

Islamabad Airport
Lahore Airport
Peshawar Airport
Karachi Airport
Quetta Airport
Multan Airport
Rahim Yar Khan Airport
Bahawalpur Airport
Faisalabad Airport
Wahga Land Route
Wahga Railway Station
Chamman Land Route
Torkham Land Route
Khokarapar Railway Station
Karachi Sea Port
Ghassbandar Sea Port
Port Bin Qasim
Taftan Land Route
Gwadar Airport
Gwada Sea Port
Sost Land Route
Sialkot Airport
2 x

Chinwei
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 4:56 pm

Re: Pakistan e-visa and VOA Q&A

Postby Chinwei » Thu May 02, 2019 5:03 pm

Hi Josetxo,

I have a question for your online tourist visa, do you need invitation letter for the application? What are the documents required?

I received an email today from Pakistan e visa department, they told me the e visa is only available for airport arrival. I asked them about the entry port few days ago.
0 x

Thijs
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 8:27 pm
x 1
x 2

Re: Pakistan e-visa and VOA Q&A

Postby Thijs » Thu May 02, 2019 8:32 pm

I have some information to share with you all.

I asked a question about the Evisa via the website about the over land entry points. I got a quick respond, can recommend to use it! I got the following answer concerning the Evisa

"
Currently this facility can be availed at Airports of Pakistan i.e. Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar and Quetta, and will be extended to land borders in near future
"

So it seems like the land route is not possible yet. Near future is a very elastic term...
Last edited by Thijs on Tue May 07, 2019 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

User avatar
steven
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3703
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:32 pm
x 3043
x 413

Re: Pakistan e-visa and VOA Q&A

Postby steven » Fri May 03, 2019 5:19 am

Thijs wrote:I have some information to share with you all.

I asked a question about the Evisa via the website about the over land entry points. I got a quick respond, can recommend to use it! I got the following answer concerning the Evisa

"
Currently this facility can be availed at Airports of Pakistan i.e. Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar and Quetta, and will be extended to land borders in near future
"

So it seems like the land route is not possible yet. Near future is a very elestic term...


Based on what josetxo wrote 2 posts before you, this info is already outdated and land routes are already possible.

@chinwei: Based on what it says on the e-visa website and what others have written in this thread, it seems a hotel booking is enough. a LOI is not necessary. The Pakistan visa page is being kept up to date so you can look there for a summary of this thread: https://caravanistan,com./visa/pakistan/
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Thijs
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 8:27 pm
x 1
x 2

Re: Pakistan e-visa and VOA Q&A

Postby Thijs » Tue May 07, 2019 8:06 am

steven wrote:
Based on what josetxo wrote 2 posts before you, this info is already outdated and land routes are already possible.



Well, I'm not too sure if that is the right conclusion. Already before I send them the email one could select the overland borders. I guess what this email tells us is that those applications won't be accepted.

Anyhow, things are unclear, at least for me, so I would love to hear from those who managed or tried to get an E visa for an overland border crossing!
1 x

User avatar
steven
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3703
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:32 pm
x 3043
x 413

Re: Pakistan e-visa and VOA Q&A

Postby steven » Wed May 08, 2019 7:53 am

Thijs wrote:
steven wrote:
Based on what josetxo wrote 2 posts before you, this info is already outdated and land routes are already possible.



Well, I'm not too sure if that is the right conclusion. Already before I send them the email one could select the overland borders. I guess what this email tells us is that those applications won't be accepted.


That's one way of looking at it. The other way of looking at it would be to say that the person replying to your e-mail was not up to date and gave you the wrong information. After a decade of following visas in this region, that was my immediate conclusion, but either of us could be right, there is indeed no way of knowing without someone actually getting the visa granted or rejected.
2 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

7days1shower
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:08 am
x 8

Re: Pakistan e-visa and VOA Q&A

Postby 7days1shower » Mon May 13, 2019 10:28 pm

Hi all,

Submitting my experience.

I'm an Australian citizen born in India.

I successfully got a visa from my local Consulate in 2017 even after specifying land border entry. No problem

Unfortunately I had to cancel my trip last minute.

In re-planning for June I thought to be proactive and apply in December with the same information and personal invitation from the same person but got rejected. Same Consul refused to give any reason or conduct an interview.

I was dejected and decided to re-route through Iran; till they started enforcing the 250cc+ ban

Thought I would give Pakistan another shot only to find that paper based applications were no longer accepted.

I completed the online form which required letter of invitation, copy of inviting hosts CNIC, passport copy and passport photo.

Selected land borders for entry and exit.

Submitted 5th May, received 10th May

Very fast, easy and successful despite previous rejection which I had to disclose
2 x

7days1shower
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:08 am
x 8

Re: Pakistan e-visa and VOA Q&A

Postby 7days1shower » Mon May 13, 2019 10:29 pm

steven wrote:
Thijs wrote:
steven wrote:
Based on what josetxo wrote 2 posts before you, this info is already outdated and land routes are already possible.



Well, I'm not too sure if that is the right conclusion. Already before I send them the email one could select the overland borders. I guess what this email tells us is that those applications won't be accepted.


That's one way of looking at it. The other way of looking at it would be to say that the person replying to your e-mail was not up to date and gave you the wrong information. After a decade of following visas in this region, that was my immediate conclusion, but either of us could be right, there is indeed no way of knowing without someone actually getting the visa granted or rejected.


I was granted a visa entering at Sost and exiting at Wagah
3 x


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Visas & embassy reports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests