Pakistan e-visa and VOA Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
BlueNonoka

Re: Pakistan e-visa and VOA Q&A

Postby BlueNonoka » Mon May 27, 2019 2:00 pm

Tamara wrote:Does this mean I don’t need an LOI anymore?

For individual tourist, a hotel booking can be used in lieu of an LOI.
1 x

BlueNonoka

Postby BlueNonoka » Mon May 27, 2019 2:38 pm

asad.roman wrote:Dear All ,

My german friends have applied for visa online on 13th May 2019 and so far we haven't received ETA. the status shows " receiving " from last 5 days but no action so far. Any idea whats going on?

Was there an email confirming that the application has been submitted? Also, it's a good idea to check email junk/spam folder.

After logging in to the online visa site, check if there is a message asking for further supporting documents. You can also contact the support team to check application status.

Sharing my own experience:
My application was for Visa on Arrival and I received my ETA within 24 hours.
2 days after receiving my ETA by email, the application status was still "receiving". I'm not sure how long it remained as "receiving" (didn't log in to check after that), but now the status has changed to "in-process".
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Mon May 27, 2019 2:42 pm

Another positive report for the e-visa from Monkeyrockworld

https://www.monkeyrockworld.com/how-to- ... an-e-visa/
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

asad.roman

Postby asad.roman » Thu May 30, 2019 10:00 am

Dear All,

my German friends have finally received ETA approvals after checking with quite few people. the reason given to us about the delay was our mistake and not theirs in the application which has been modified and now they have been granted the visa.

thanks and cheers
0 x

asad.roman

Postby asad.roman » Thu May 30, 2019 10:02 am

Tamara wrote:Thanks for all the helpful info!
I have been using this website and all the info on Facebook to gather info on the Pakisan visa.
We are travelling by car and would need an overland visa. At first we thought we meedeed an visa via the embassy, but now it looks like we can Apple for an e-visa since they have adres land borders. Did any of you get an overlanding e-visa yet?

I read this:
chinwei: Based on what it says on the e-visa website and what others have written in this thread, it seems a hotel booking is enough. a LOI is not necessary. The Pakistan visa page is being kept up to date so you can look there for a summary of this thread:

Does this mean I don’t need an LOI anymore?

Kind regards,
Tamara

Dear tamara Based on my recent experience hotel booking is enough. no LOI is needed
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:37 am

I would say that is wrong, asad.roman. Hotel booking is enough for the VOA, not for the e-visa, it seems based on the few reports we have had so far. I could be wrong, but it seems you are basing yourself on the VOA for your conclusion, while the OP is asking specifically about the e-visa.
0 x

BlueNonoka

Postby BlueNonoka » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:47 pm

steven wrote:I would say that is wrong, asad.roman. Hotel booking is enough for the VOA, not for the e-visa, it seems based on the few reports we have had so far. I could be wrong, but it seems you are basing yourself on the VOA for your conclusion, while the OP is asking specifically about the e-visa.

There's a report on Chinese travel forum (https://bbs.qyer.com/thread-3160129-1.html) where the poster successfully obtained e-visa using hotel booking in lieu of LOI. The poster has also shared an image of his e-visa (his visa validity is for 2 months and visa duration is for 30 days).
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:36 am

Thanks! In that case, I need to update.
0 x

nazam

Postby nazam » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:48 am

Hi
I have a question with regards to E-Visa.

I will be going to Lahore with my wife and two children to visit her maternal family. So initially thoughts.. this will be a "family visa".

However, I will be going on tours around the country by myself via coaches or private tour guides. I'm assuming there are checkpoints in places so will be "family visa" hinder my travels around the country ? so I apply for a "tourist Visa" whereas my wife and children can apply for a "family Visa"?

any thoughts?
0 x

claudiaev

Postby claudiaev » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:55 am

Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help. I am an individual traveller meeting friends in Multan and we are travelling up to Fairy Meadows.

I applied for a Pak tourist visa on 31-05-19 but after 11 days the status is still showing as 'receiving'. It says the processing time is between 7-10 days, so I am getting a bit concerned. I have received the email to say that my application was submitted successfully and my fee went through fine. I have also tried contacting the ministry twice but with no response as yet.

If I don't hear anything back in another week or so, should I apply for a VOA instead/as well? The VOAs seem to be processed much faster from what I have read so far. I would rather avoid this though, as I have already paid the fee!

I might be being a tad impatient :lol:

Really appreciate any insight you can offer

Thanks
Claudia
0 x