Pakistan High Commission Ottawa LOI Tourist Visa

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
degroots

Pakistan High Commission Ottawa LOI Tourist Visa

Postby degroots » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:20 am

Hi There,

I might be trying to get a tourist visa for visiting Pakistan this upcoming summer (3 months), just wondering if anybody has had any information about getting a Pakistan Tourist visa at the Pakistan High Commission in Ottawa. Specifically trying to get more information about the letter of invitation (LOI), ie whether or not this HC would accept an LOI obtained through the Carivanistan LOI service for example.

From what I have heard the Ottawa HC does not seem to be as strict as the Vancouver consulate with respect to LOI requirements, I called the HC in Ottawa and they said that the LOI can be emailed to you and printed off (ie does not have to be mailed to you or the HC), but I am not sure about other requirements I have heard from the Vancouver Consulate such as LOI being notarized, requiring a copy of inviter’s Pakistani passport or CNIC, stamped paper, etc

Also looked into using VisaHQ for obtaining a Pakistan Tourist Visa, although when I called I was informed that if you do not have an LOI you have to provide another letter from a hotel in Pakistan, which seems to be very similar to an LOI but not an LOI.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Shawn DeGroot
Ottawa
0 x

jacoblab1

Re: Pakistan High Commission Ottawa LOI Tourist Visa

Postby jacoblab1 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:08 pm

Hey Shawn, what a coincidence - I'm in the exact same situation right now.

I emailed the HC and they said the same thing, that an emailed copy of the LOI would be fine. I sent a follow-up asking about any other documents, but I haven't heard back.

I have my email copy LOI right now, so if I can I'm going to try to apply within the next week or so. Hoping they accept my emailed LOI, as I'd rather not have to pay extra to get the notarized copy shipped here.

I'll post a report as soon as I can with the outcome. When were you thinking of applying?

Jacob from Ottawa :)
0 x
My solo-travel blog: On The Way Around
Covers destinations such as China, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and more!

degroots

Postby degroots » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:41 am

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for your response! I am still sorting some things out at work right now, so at the moment I am not sure if I will be going to Pakistan or not, but I will find out soon and then if I am going I will be applying ASAP, likely by the first week of March at the latest.

Thanks and let me know how it goes!
Shawn
0 x

jacoblab1

Postby jacoblab1 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:04 pm

What exactly did they say when you called them? I tried calling today to confirm that my emailed photocopy LOI would be fine, but the lady seemed confused and said that she 'thinks' the original copy is required. Pretty frustrating how hard it is to get a real answer. The lady kept talking about how I need to fill out the visa form and bring passport photos, but wasn't being clear at all on the LOI topic.
0 x

degroots

Postby degroots » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:40 am

When I called and asked about it the lady said the HC would accept an emailed photocopy LOI, although she did not seem 100% certain of herself. Did not specifically ask about notarized copy. Yeah although when I called VisaHQ the guy I talked to did say that the Ottawa HC was less strict when it comes to visas compared to the Vancouver consulate.
0 x

degroots

Postby degroots » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:43 pm

Hi Jacob have you had any luck applying for a Pakistani visa at the Ottawa High Commission?
0 x

jacoblab1

Postby jacoblab1 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:37 pm

I'm going in again today... I went last week, but instead of having me bring in a printed copy of the LOI or have me email them a copy, they wanted the LOI provider to email them a copy. So I did that, and now they've told me I can come in again and apply.

Takes a while to figure anything out, as the HC takes like 2-3 days to respond to any emails. Will report on how it goes today!

EDIT: Went to the HC and they accepted my application. So it seems they require the LOI emailed to them from the tour operator. Hopefully I get the visa!
1 x

degroots

Postby degroots » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:08 am

Awesome thanks for your response! I will be applying next week. good luck!
0 x

jacoblab1

Postby jacoblab1 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:32 pm

Got my visa! I submitted my application on a Friday morning and received a call on Monday saying it was ready to be picked up. Only 1 business day processing time!

Cost was $105 CAD (they take credit card). Got a 30-day visa with 3-month validity (what I applied for).
3 x

degroots

Postby degroots » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:20 pm

Awesome! thanks for letting me know. I submitted my application this past Monday. Hopefully will hear back soon!
0 x