Uzbek double e-visa

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Uzbek double e-visa

Post by steven »

Question split from viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6989

This brings me onto my next question about the Uzbek visa. I understand that it is not possible to get a double entry visa with the new e-visa system but according to this site it is technically possible to apply for a second one while in Uzbekistan. Has anyone done this recently without any problems with the authorities in Uzbekistan? If i decide to go to Afghanistan, I would prefer to get the E-visa to save money and the process of mailing my passport to the embassy again. Traveling on an Australian passport and there is no Uzbek consulate or embassy here.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

thijsbroekkamp

Re: Mazar-e-sharif safety 2018/19

Post by thijsbroekkamp »

I did get a double entry visa, no problem. You can apply for your second as soon as your first visa is scanned upon entering the country. I received mine without problem. Mazar is probably the safest place in Afghanistan to go now
2 x

Dylanvienet

Post by Dylanvienet »

SPR11 wrote:Mazar is relatively safe, especially if you only stay a couple of days. The situation in Balkh changes all the time so you'll have to find out once in Afghanistan.

I don't know about your second question.

I updated our Afghanistan guide after another 2 weeks in the county last month. The info on the border crossing, Mazar, and Balkh is still relevant: https://www.lostwithpurpose.com/afghani ... vel-guide/

Thanks for the Info! I also remember coming to your guide while looking for information before posting here and enjoyed the read. It's a pleasure to hear from you guys. I decided to go ahead with a well known tour guide in Mazar, so we'll see have to see how it goes. Planning to go to Mazar, Ancient Balkh and Samangan.
0 x

Dylanvienet

Post by Dylanvienet »

steven wrote:Regarding the second question:

I haven't gotten a report yet of anyone doing this, successfully or unsuccessfully. Several people have asked, but none have come back to me with a report.
Thanks Steven. It seems like it works, so I'll give it a go and let you know if it works for me too.
0 x

Dylanvienet

Post by Dylanvienet »

thijsbroekkamp wrote:I did get a double entry visa, no problem. You can apply for your second as soon as your first visa is scanned upon entering the country. I received mine without problem. Mazar is probably the safest place in Afghanistan to go now
Awesome! Thanks for the information. So i'll apply for a new one as soon as I cross in from Kyrgyzstan. Great to hear about the situation in Mazar too. Fingers crossed everything goes to plan.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Dylanvienet wrote:

I haven't gotten a report yet of anyone doing this, successfully or unsuccessfully. Several people have asked, but none have come back to me with a report.
Thanks Steven. It seems like it works, so I'll give it a go and let you know if it works for me too.
Uzbekistan is planning to introduce double and triple entry e-visas soon so if you are not coming in the next few months the problem might have solved itself.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

golandy

Post by golandy »

Hi, a personal experience report on a second uzbek e-visa: it's only possible after using your first e-visa.
As soon as you've entered Uzbekistan on your first e-visa, you can apply for a new one.
We had to do a boarder run because of this (first visa would expire too soon, but couldn't apply for a new visa).
2 x

gaz457

Post by gaz457 »

If it's visa free for most nationalities then I guess we won't need a multi-entry visa at all? Or is there some rule about how soon you can re-enter?
0 x

Dylanvienet

Post by Dylanvienet »

steven wrote:
Dylanvienet wrote:

Uzbekistan is planning to introduce double and triple entry e-visas soon so if you are not coming in the next few months the problem might have solved itself.

Well it looks like it has! Fortunately Uzbekistan is visa free access for my Australian passport now. That solves the problem. Will be here in April. Just awaiting my Afghan visa now.
0 x

Dylanvienet

Post by Dylanvienet »

gaz457 wrote:If it's visa free for most nationalities then I guess we won't need a multi-entry visa at all? Or is there some rule about how soon you can re-enter?
I think it's already good to go. I was reading that it went into action on February 1st. So you should be alright.
0 x