Embassy reports (Tehran): Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan & China

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Bart-Jan

Re: Embassy reports (Tehran): Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan & China

Post by Bart-Jan »

Hi all,
Got my Uzbekistan Visa in Tehran today without any problems. Everything still is as described above, however the posted opening hours of the consulate are 9 to 11 am Sunday-Wednesday, 9 to 10:30 am Thursday, closed Friday/Saterday. I got there at 10:45 this morning assuming I had plenty of time. There was no one else and 10 minutes later I left with the visa in my passport. The sign at the consulate still states you can come back in 8 working days to collect your visa, so probably it also depends on how busy they are, luck and some other undefined things.
0 x

SPR11

Post by SPR11 »

Does anyone know how strict the Chinese embassy in Tehran is in terms of itinerary? We are a Brit and a Dutchie trying to get a 3+3 visa. We're traveling through Pakistan first so anything less than 3 months to enter is a waste.

Hope someone has some info or a mock itinerary we can use. Thanks in advance.
0 x
Ramblings about our Asian journies at www.lostwithpurpose.com
There's some useful info too.

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

If you say you are cycling they are forthcoming.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

SPR11

Post by SPR11 »

Thanks. We'll go tomorrow. Hopefully everything will work out.
0 x
Ramblings about our Asian journies at www.lostwithpurpose.com
There's some useful info too.

Travelphernalia

Post by Travelphernalia »

Hello. We went yesterday (Sunday) to process our Uzbek visas in Tehran and it was all very smooth.
The opening times are from 9-11am (no longer 8:30 to 12:30 so plan ahead!). Sun- Thurs.
We arrived at 10 am and were out with our visas by 10:30.
The consul is extremely nice and helpful. She even gifted us a couple of books about Uzbek!
Our stats:
- 1 Mexican and 1 Irish passport
- Single entry visa valid for 30 days cost: $93USD each
- We had a LOI
- Visa was given on the spot
- You do get change in USD but is better to bring change

Tips:
- Have an LOI
- Have a passport copy
- Glue your pics onto the application
- Print 2 copies of your application
- Tourists get preference over the guys that are processing hundreds of transit visas in bulk. You. An politely skip these guys, enter the embassy, go up the stairs to the first floor. There's the counter and the door. The consul will open the door every 3-5 minutes. Show your face. There's no longer the famous 'list' were you write your name down so do make sure you go upstairs and not stand waiting outside on the street.
1 x

worldgrandtour

Post by worldgrandtour »

Uzbek visa for Czech nationals

We dropped our application in Istanbul and hoped to picked up the visa in Tehran. Suprisingly it went smooth, they had slight problem to understand we have applied already somewhere else and we just want to pick up the visa. After 10 minutes it was all clear, we paid $75 each in cash directly to embassy and got our visa. There is clearly stated you must have LNO from your embassy, same required by Chinese embassy but nobody asked for it. We're guessing because we applied in Turkey so they didn't bother.
0 x

schrpa

Post by schrpa »

Citizens from Austria do not need a letter from their embassy anymore when applying in Tehran without LOI. I wrote an email to the consulate upfront and the told me it's not necessary anymore. Applied on Monday with the documents mentioned and picked it up 7 days later. Cost is $ 75 and I got a book about Uzbekistan as a gift.
0 x