Applying for a China Visa (in the UK) for overland travel from Kyrgyzstan

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
rb982

Applying for a China Visa (in the UK) for overland travel from Kyrgyzstan

Postby rb982 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:19 pm

Hi All,

We are leaving in a couple of months for an overland trip from the UK and through China visa the Stans. We are about to apply for China visas (2 year multi entry, online) and want to get advise first. Can anyone shed any light on the best way to do this please? I understand stating overland travel from Kyrgyzstan is a no-no and to describe an itinerary for East China, but to what lengths does this entail? Do we need to book and then cancel flights and hotel bookings as read elsewhere? Do we need to get a letter of invitation? Is this info outdated or compulsory? Any recent advice on this will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
0 x

murg

Re: Applying for a China Visa (in the UK) for overland travel from Kyrgyzstan

Postby murg » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:07 pm

Hi rb982,

we are overlanders from Germany; at this very moment my passport is in the Chiese Embassy.

What we did is:

We booked flights. Wrote an itinerary according to the LOI / Hotel Reservation list our tour guide has mailed.

The itinerary is quite detailed:

Date, City, Sightseeing xyz, visit abc,....

We only needed to cover 7 days, so that wasn't a problem ;) !

There are quite cheap flights by Aeroflot, you pay them - but can cancel for free.

I'll let you know as soon as my visa has been granted.
1 x
Riding the globe (well, at least some parts)
living in Germany

rb982

Postby rb982 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:47 pm

Hi Murg,

That is excellent information, thank you so much!

Would it be possible to post the LOI / hotel reservation requirements sent by your tour guide?

I really appreciate this information, thank you!
0 x

rb982

Postby rb982 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:48 pm

Also Murg, does the embassy just require a print out of your flight itinerary? Did you buy a flight, print out the itinerary and then cancel the flight? Or does the flight need to be active during the visa application process?

Also, Aeroflot only fly to China from Russia from what I see. Did you have to make a story for the reasons for flying from and back to Russia?
0 x

murg

Postby murg » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:20 am

hi rb982,

the embassy needed a print out (pdf) of the e-ticket. So I guess the flight itinerary alone will not do.
This means that we bought a ticket & paid it. We will cancel it when visa has been granted.

There is an Aeroflot flight Munich - Bejing via Moscow. I wonder if there is a connection London - Moscow - Bejing...??
We did not send any Story / itinerary besides the China itinerary.

I do not understand your question regarding the LOI... it will be done by your tour guide - the only important thing is a red stamp on it.
And, of course, the flight tickets & the Hotel reservations have to fit.
In our case, we bought the tickets (according to the dates we need the visa) first.
Then we send the flight Information to our tour guide and he arranged the LOI.

Hope that helps a bit!
1 x
Riding the globe (well, at least some parts)
living in Germany