Embassy report: Tajik visa in Bishkek

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Ole2

Re: Update!! Tajikistan visa at Bishkek "A piece of cake"

Postby Ole2 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:05 pm

Just got my Tajiki visa in Bishkek. Arrived at the embassy at 16, but they are open until 17. Paid 55 usd + 100 som for a single entry 30 days visa (didn't ask for more). Pamir permit is included if you want it. I was first told to collect it the next day, but when I said I needed the passport (Norwegian), she did the visa on the spot. :D
0 x

timothychiu6

Postby timothychiu6 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:23 pm

Hello,
Just need a quick update here.
Do we still need to provide LOI for getting a 30 days Tajik visa in Bishkek? (I'm a Hong Kong passport holder)
Thanks guys.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:46 am

No. You never needed it. Please read other posts in this thread and the article at http://caravanistan.com/visa/tajikistan
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

timothychiu6

Embassy Report: Taijikistan Visa + GBAO permit in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan

Postby timothychiu6 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:46 am

We arrived at the embassy on 20-01-2016 at around 3 in the afternoon. No booking needed before hand. Just need to bring the passport and a passport photo. We got a British passport and a Hong Kong passport.

Filled up the form they provided and paid on the shot. Each person paid 55usd +100 som for a 45 days double entry tourist visa with GBAO permit covering all 45 days and no LOI needed. And the lady told us to come back the next day to pick it up between 3-5 in the afternoon.

Before we left she make us a copy of our passport and wrote down the reason why we don't have a passport and stamped it just in case we stop by police.

So overall they processed it smoothly and without any problem. The lady working there speaks English and quite nice. She even allowed me to bring back the passport photo that I forgot to bring in the first visit.
0 x

YannTlse

Re: Embassy report: Tajik visa in Bishkek

Postby YannTlse » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:22 pm

Hi everbody !
We applied this week for the tajik visa+GBAO
It took one working day without LOI
We paid 55$+100Som for one french passport.
Courteous persons.
1 x

zuza_unkas

Postby zuza_unkas » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:53 am

Hi guys!
Getting the visa was an actual pleasure. 55$+100 som for 45 days visa plus 45 days GBAO (double entry). Same price for 30 and 45 days, same price for single and double entry.
You just need one passport photo and your passport.
It all took around 15 minutes, the lady is really nice. I can speak some Russian but I don't think there would be any problem if you only have English. Polish passport, by the way.
Good luck!
1 x

Leelicious

Postby Leelicious » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:10 pm

You can haggle the price down.
They charged me 75 dollars with a 4 day waiting time.
asked if I could get it cheaper and faster.
I gave the embassy lady my cutest look, and she said
"ok, 50 dollars, come back tomorrow morning"
And it was 100 som for the GBAO permit.
The GBAO permit is a whole page consuming stamp.

Met an aussie guy who speaks Farsi. He managed to get the visa in 5 minutes for 20 dollars.
It seems that 50% of the visa money goes right into the pockets of the embassy workers.

Extra info:
45 days is possible with no extra cost
Double entry is possible with no extra cost
Multiple entry is possible, but you have to convince the lady to give it to you. And it's with no extra cost
1 x

tihomir

Postby tihomir » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:54 am

I went to the embassy at 10.30 am and got the visa in ten minutes as there was no one else waiting. $75 in cash + 100 som for permit. $55 if I could wait some days. Bulgarian passport.
0 x

finaltransit

Postby finaltransit » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:31 am

Very easy process indeed to get the Tajik visa. Went at 11am, filled out two forms (available at the embassy), pasted a photo (also available at the embassy).

Cost for Canadian passports: $55 USD for visa + 200 som (that's approx $3 USD). Received the visa next day.

They made a copy of our passport and stamped it saying the original was at the embassy.

No payment receipts are issued :P
0 x

ExpertVagabond

Postby ExpertVagabond » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:37 am

August 2016 Update: I attempted to get a double entry visa on arrival at Dushanbe airport and failed. They wouldn't give me double entry, and they couldn't change my single entry to double at the Foreign Affairs Office in Dushanbe the next day either. I needed double entry to visit Afghan Wakhan.

So, I got a $300 round trip flight to Bishkek and attempted another Tajik visa there. No line at the Embassy, $55 USD for 45 day double entry visa, ready to pick up at 3pm. So much easier! Expensive mistake though. Hope this helps someone else from doing the same thing. Send away for double entry before your trip, or pass through Bishkek. You can't get double entry on arrival at the airport.
0 x