Embassy report: Iran Visa in Erzurum

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Lionel

Re: Embassy report: Iran Visa in Erzurum

Post by Lionel »

Some news
I got the visa today, it was issued within 15min. I had to give the receipt from the bank (75euros), a photocopy of passport (black n white), the authorisation code printed, a photo and the passport of course.
There was no application form to fill and only choice to pay 75euros to get the visa same day.
Let's get back on the road
Lionel
0 x

David Fafie

Post by David Fafie »

Hello,

I cofirm, we asked our iran visa the 25 August 2018 to Iran it was easy to get our visa. there is some copy office ou fotografer around the embassy, close to the mainly street.

Only problem for us, we arrived in Erzerum the 21 August during Aid El Kebir, all banks was closed during 5 days

We had to wait...in Erzerum
2 x

Marie

Post by Marie »

Hi,
We went to the Iranian consulate in Erzurum 10 days ago.
The google position is correct by now.
We are french, we paid 75euros each to get our visas in the same day.
What they asked us:
(previously I've send them an email to make sure they got our visas grant notice, I also send them the asked docments, but they don't mind, they want it "in real")
- Refence number PRINTED OUT, you can have it in the copy center in the same street
- One photography per person, no scarf needed for lady
- Passport
- Copy of passsport
Then, they gave us a paper to bring to the bank, not far from there:5min walk, fill the paper and give it to the bank counter, pay 75 euros, come back to the consulate with the proof of payment. They told us to come back 2hours later to pick up our visas.
We haven't fill any form at the consulate, we used a travel agency to get our reference number. Also they didn,t take our fingerprints, probably due to our biometric passports. All the procedure took us an afternoon. We recommend you to come at the opening hour in the morning.
Good luck!
2 x

Peter Van

Post by Peter Van »

Visa for Iran in Erzurum consulate (Jan. 2019)

Address Consulate:
Muratpasa Mahallesi Hossein Hasemi , Emniyet SK No. 49, Yakutiye, Erzurum (street with PTT post office at the bottom)
Opening hours: 8:30-11:30 14:30-16:00
Time to issue visa: (after return from bank) 15 minutes

Requirements for visa:
- Visa Grant printed out
- passport
- bank receipt
(No visa application form, no passport photocopy, no picture asked)

Bank address: T C Ziraat Bankasi Cumhuriyet Subesi, Cumhuriyet cad. Kuskay Binasi Karsisi No. 21, Erzurum (main street next to same PTT)

Bank account number (‘Hesap No’): 49662778-5003 Iran Islam Cumh. Baskon. Erzurum

Opening hours: 9 – 12:30 13:30 – 17:30

West European passport: 75 Euro (in Euro, cash or card)

On Friday 4 January 2018 we went to the consulate.
The building can be recognized from afar in the street by the Iranian flag. The Turkish guards store backpacks in a cupboard outside. Press the right doorbell and mention your nationality in the door phone.
The Iranian security guard inside makes you pass through a metal detector.
We had called the consulate in Istanbul, but they gave the wrong information regarding the visa procedure and price. The consulate in Erzurum said that the electronic Visa Grant is often blocked so they advised to go through a travel agent. I got it in 2 days from Key2Persia. We called the consulate to confirm that they had received the Visa Grant.
During our presence (11:00-11:50) six people (not tourists) came to the consulate and in the morning (9:00) there were already half a dozen people (not tourists). The consul and his assistant speak excellent English and are very friendly.
At the Ziraat Bankasi (at the bottom end of the consulate street T junction, go right (uphill) for 250 m, bank on your right side) show your passport and pay in Euro (the bank says you can also pay in Lira, but don’t). If you go too early in the morning, they do not (yet) have hard currency change so you have to give the exact amount.

If you want a photocopy of your passport: when going down from the consulate street 200 m, on the same side as the consulate is a copy shop. Price for 1 copy: 4 Kurus (0.04 Lira)

If you want a passport picture: 100 m further down from the copy shop on the opposite side of the street is a photograph studio Essam.
Price for 6 colour pics: 20 Lira

We stayed so long in the consulate because of a discussion about land border entry for Malaysian passport holders (see forum) and transportation from Erzurum to Tabriz (see forum).
3 x

#BikingBubus

Post by #BikingBubus »

We went to the iranian consulate on Monday the 25th March 2019 and I can copy the experience from the last post from Peter Van.

We (german couple) arrived there at 9:30 had to wait because of other costumers for less than 45 minutes. After giving our passport and printed GN (from Key2Persia via Caravanistan form) they said we should pay 75 Euros at the Ziraat Bankası and come back with the receipt (no passport copy, no photo and no insurance information needed!) We went there and paid in lira because it's easier and the transfer rate was fair (they did NOT accept cards, only cash!). At 11am we got the visa. Our visa is not in the passport, it's a print out.

On more thing: we found an ATM from TEB where we could withdraw Euros/Dollars for our time in Iran. Outside of the bank there are two ATMs, the one on the left didn't show the option, so you should try both! Address:
Türk Ekonomi Bankası (TEB)
Lalapaşa Mahallesi, Orhan Şerifsoy Cad. 19/C19/C, 25100 Yakutiye/Erzurum, Türkei
2 x

Rita R.

Post by Rita R. »

Austrian and Dutch passport.

Got the GN through key2persia in a couple of days. Mentioning cycling was no problem.
At the consulate we didn't need anything else than our passports (no pictures, passport copies or GN print, which we all had with us).
Very friendly embassy employee told us that we had the option to get the visa on the same day for 75€ or the next day or the day after for 50€.
Came back the next day with the bank receipt and got the visa after a couple of minutes waiting.
1 x

41_is_my_number

Post by 41_is_my_number »

Hi,

I (French/M/31) applied for a 60-days e-visa on the June 11th. I received a positive reply the June 12th, but for a 30-days visa.

Then, I got the visa in Erzurum in two hours, with passport, 1 picture and the invoice proving that I paid the 75 euros to the consulat. They provided me the visa on a separated sheet (not on the passport).

Best regards
3 x

eversmango

Post by eversmango »

Swedish (M/31) and Norwegian (F/24) passports.

Applied for 60 days through Iran e-visa system in the beginning of June (end of ramadan) and my girlfriend (norwegian passport) got accepted after 2 days and I was declined (swedish passport). I then used caravanistan tour partner, paid 30€ and got the visa grant in 2 days. Very fast e-mail response and communication with them. We both got 30 days despite applying for 60

Collected on Monday the 8th of July at the Embassy of Iran in Erzurum, Turkey. We went on a Monday at the opening time of 8:30 and nobody else was there so no queue. Easy process.

We brought only printed visa grant notices (they only need the number on it) and our passports and were then given paper slips with address of the bank to pay 75€. Coordinates for bank are here: 39.905750, 41.270528, easy to find on the main street. Friendly people and quick visit at the bank.

When we came back at 9.20 with the bank receipt to the embassy they asked for visa photos, we said we didn't have and he said no problem and gave us the visas (if you need photos theres a shop just down the street). Waited 15 minutes for the visa, during this time 10 people dropped in and queued so I think its good to come early!

Our visas were black and white printed A4 papers. Once you have been granted the visa you also get the digital pdf on the e-mail you applied from. You can print this later in color if you like! :)
0 x

Thetripstarts

Post by Thetripstarts »

Dutch family
Grand Notice via Key2Persia

Yesterday picked up visa.

2 hours in Total.

75 €uro pp instead of 50. Argument was ignored.

Payed at the bank in TL cash.

Than went back. Total time 2 hours

Easy ATM of TEB for euro en dollars in case you need Some

https://goo.gl/maps/81L7h1TqKaDLM8JA8
1 x

eurasiaoverland

Post by eurasiaoverland »

My friend and I (both with German passports) got visas today in Erzurum. The consulate is at the previously mentioned address and is correct on Google Maps.

We had visa grant notices and had specified Erzurum as the collection point.

Arrived at 08:15 and were allowed into the consulate. We were seen to at 08:45 and told to pay EUR 50 each in the nearby Ziraat Bank.

Returned with the payment chits and got our visas on the spot at 10:00.

Visa grant notices, passport copies, photos, application forms were not asked for. Just the passport.

Visas came in the form of a printed A4 sheet.

We were told that a PCR test is required to enter.
1 x
Almost six years and a quarter of a million kilometres by road in Eurasia: http://eurasiaoverland.com