Country where we won't be allowed in with Iranian stamp?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
PaulaPS

Country where we won't be allowed in with Iranian stamp?

Post by PaulaPS »

Hi,

I will be travelling to Iran and I want to make sure that I don't need to have a second passport to get the Iranian stamp.

I am travelling around the world afterwards (route is still TBC) but I would like to confirm if I need to get two passports just in case. Is there any country where they will not allow me in if I have an Iranian stamp in my passport?

Thanks!
0 x

tcarlyle

Re: Country where we won't be allowed in with Iranian stamp?

Post by tcarlyle »

I am not aware of any country where you are officially not allowed to enter with an iranian stamp/visa. Though you will probably be asked a lot of questions if entering Israel and the US (but they may ask the same long amount of questions for other visas as well...).
0 x

gianlu

Post by gianlu »

I travelled to the US twice with an Iranian visa on my passport and I received no question whatsoever. In one occasion I must have come across as a rather suspicious subject as I was travelling from Colombia carrying some coca leaf tea (trust me, no drug, only herbal tea). The US custom inspector wanted to confiscate them but I managed to keep them as I was just stopping over. Even in that case, no questioning about Iranian visa. Of course if I'd wanted to travel to Israel I would have been banned with high probability.
0 x

leela

Post by leela »

I don't know about other nationalities, but as a Brit, having travelled to Iran meant that I no longer qualified for the USA's visa waiver programme. I had to apply for a full US visa, including an interview at the embassy in London where I had to explain my reasons for visiting Iran, and answer random questions about the country and my trip. I was then granted the visa.
1 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Milad »

Travelling to Israel with an Iranian stamp is possible, but when entering you'll be taken aside and asked multiple questions by secret service agents. When leaving at the Airport, you'll be subject to an security check with extra scrutiny (as in: they will check your hair for explosives). Save yourself the hassle by getting a second passport.
1 x