Russian Visa at the Embassy in Yerevan, Armenia

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Rapp Scallion

Post by Rapp Scallion »

First off, great forum.

I'd like to tell you about my experience trying to get the Russian visa at the consulate in Yerevan, Armenia since I haven't found anything about that in the Embassy reports.

I tried to apply for a Tourist visa in July 2014. I was sent home because the consulate only issues tourist visas for Armenian passport holders OR for foreigners with an Armenian residence card. Bad luck, I had to cancel the trip to Russia.

There is another Russian consulate in Gyumri, but I don't know about the rules there. Also I don't know if it's possible to get at least a transit visa at both places.

In a nutshell, Armenia is not the right place to get a visa for Russia.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Russian Visa at the Embassy in Yerevan, Armenia

Post by steven »

Thank you Rapp! I added it.

One wonders, what is the right place to get a Russian visa?
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Mrs800Days

Post by Mrs800Days »

Hi Rapp,

We were also plannnig to get a Russian transit visa in Armenia but same story, you have to be resident (a Russian speaker called the embassy in Gyumri and this is the case here also)

We did manage to get a transit visa in Tbilisi, Georgia though which was relatively straightforward, here's some info-
http://www.aroundtheworldin800days.com/russia.html

Hope that helps,
Emma
0 x

Niro

Post by Niro »

Hi,
I know it's an old topic but I Just applied yesterday for a Russian business visa for 1 year multy entry in Yerevan. I paid 35 dollars +- and 10 days working. I'm not resident here. European passeport.
If it could help someone...
1 x

Adele_and_Alex

Post by Adele_and_Alex »

Niro wrote:Hi,
I know it's an old topic but I Just applied yesterday for a Russian business visa for 1 year multy entry in Yerevan. I paid 35 dollars +- and 10 days working. I'm not resident here. European passeport.
If it could help someone...
Hi Niro,

Could you please give some more info? What is your nationality? Are you really going there for business or did you ask for that type of visa because you knew it was easier to get? How did you get your LOI and how much did you pay for it (and how long did you have to wait to get it)?

Thank you,

Adèle and Alex
0 x

HesterGr

Post by HesterGr »

We (Dutch couple) are also planning to apply for Russian tourist or transit visa in Yerevan but unsure of the possibilities. If anyone has any recent information, we like to know! Thanks!
0 x

omarjemo

Post by omarjemo »

Hello,

I am also interested to get russian student visa in Yerevan.
According to the Russian consulate website info about visa, is stated eather the Armenia resident permit or a visa with more that 90 days. And according to the Armenia migration website there is a visitor visa up to 120 days, which comply to what Russian consulate states, so looks like they flex the tramit to make it possible, although could from 10 to 20 days and I don't see any chances of urgent option.
0 x

merodrem

Post by merodrem »

Hello!

My french friend tried his luck this week. The consulate in Gyumri told him to go to Yerevan, and the embassy in Yerevan refused to let him apply because he's not resident of Armenia. Behind him in the queue, an iranian guy without residence permit in Armenia was allowed to apply. We don't understand. Maybe because France is an enemy while Iran is an ally of Russia?
0 x

Lagerfeld

Post by Lagerfeld »

Hi, everybody, it is one of the Russian stupid secret why they don't give and issue Russian-Tourist-Visa outside the country of residence. I think The Russian are 500 years back in the system of international rules and methods.
When I was in Cambodia it was not a problem at all to get in Batambang a Vietnam visa - and I war not a resident. And in Hongkong it was very easy to get a tourist visa for communist china - it was a long time ago, when Hongkong was still an independent country.
But the Russian will never understand this and not at all interested in international tourism.

That's why I think about a long time already to cancel Russia from my travelling list.
0 x

Myosotis

Post by Myosotis »

Hi,

After a mail conversation with the embassy, it is possible to apply for a visa if you're a resident.
As a french citizen, I can stay and work 180 days in armenia so l'll try my luck in two weeks (I am also waiting for an official document of the OVIR that confirm the 180 visa free residential / working program) and keep updates.
Does any one had tried it recently ?
0 x