Kazakhstan new visa free rule 2015

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Kazakhstan new visa free rule 2015

Postby steven » Thu May 21, 2015 3:13 am

On May 20th, President Nazarbayev announced visa free entry to Kazakhstan for 30 days for all OECD nations + UAE, Malaysia and Singapore. Please read the Kazakhstan visa article first for more details, it is updated as soon as we get new info regarding the application of the new law.

Post all your questions about the new law below.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Paul Max

Re: Kazakhstan new visa free rule 2015

Postby Paul Max » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:43 am

Just stopped into the Kazakh consulate in Tbilisi. Regarding the trial period for USA, French, etc. passports: The woman there is hopeful and said she thinks 99% it will be extended, but she has no confirmation yet.

She also said that if you enter on the 10th of July, for example, you only have 5 days of visa-free travel (until the 15th), not the full 15 days.

PM
0 x

tcarlyle

Postby tcarlyle » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:53 am

The Kazakh consulate in Brazil was also very positive and came to say that it would be "automatically" renewed. While the Norwegian one was a bit more cautious and said that they are still waiting until the new regime comes into force before announcing something on their website.
I guess that for us arriving a little bit after the 15th, we have to cross our fingers so it comes into force within the next 2-3 weeks or apply for the visa just in case.
0 x

vegabond

Postby vegabond » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:47 pm

wait so does this mean that it is in effect now or will be in effect july 15 for oecd coutries?
0 x

110+countries

Postby 110+countries » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:07 am

News on the Akzhol Travel website seems to indicate that this will come into effect on 1 July (if my reading of the following news release is correct):

News

Visa-free regime for citizens of 34 member states of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)

Since July 1 Kazakhstan will cease to ask the visa:

The visa-free regime at visit of Kazakhstan can be open for citizens of 34 member states of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) since July 1, the head of department of Europe reported today RK Ministry of Foreign Affairs Berik Sadykov. 
 According to Berik Sadykov, now procedure of this experiment will be coordinated with the interested state agencies, the resolution of the government prepares
0 x

roro

Postby roro » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:43 am

That is a very good news!
It needs to be confirmed? Or I can go to Central Asia (including Kaz.) in August without askink for this Kazak visa?

RR.
0 x

PaulaPS

Postby PaulaPS » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi,

I went to the Kazakhstan embassy in London today to ask for my visa as I am travelling in August and they said that it is official. It is not needed from the 15th of July onwards for the same nationalities and new ones added (Spanish has been added).

Hope it helps!

Paula
0 x

tamaspaczai

Postby tamaspaczai » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:47 pm

Hm, who is right?

This website was mentioned above with 1st of july: http://akzholtravel.com/en/news/item/222/

Or Nazarbayev with 15th of july: http://www.astanatimes.com/2015/06/in-m ... countries/
0 x

NucMed

Postby NucMed » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:37 am

"Hm, who is right?"

To be on the safe side, you would be better taking the later date (15/07/2015) as correct because the cost if you are refused entry will be considerable (a flight back from whence you came).

When I enquired of the border guard at Almaty airport last week who processed my passport, visa and migration "card", they were unsure of even the basic information, that further countries would be admitted visa-free, that the current ones visa free would continue or whether the amount of time (15 days) would change because there was news recently that it would be extended to 30 days (although that was just Nazarbayev speaking, so ...).
0 x

kcml

Postby kcml » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:11 am

This doesn't help sort out starting dates for the new countries, but I just got this email from the US consulate in Almaty (apparently linking to official information in Russian):

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be informed the pilot visa free program is extended till December 31, 2017. Until that date U.S. Citizens can enter Kazakhstan without a visa for the period up to 15 calendar days from the moment of border crossing for all purposes of travel excluding employment and missionary work.

Official information (in Russian and Kazakh) is available at http://mfa.kz/index.php/ru/so-y-zha-aly ... tykh-stran.
0 x