Kazakhstan new visa free rule 2015

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
eimjhae

Re: Kazakhstan new visa free rule 2015

Post by eimjhae »

Good day. I was wondering how many times can I enter Kazakhstan without a visa. I came from a visa free country. I'm planning to stay here and just do a visa run every 30 days.
0 x

Julia
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Post by Julia »

eimjhae wrote:Good day. I was wondering how many times can I enter Kazakhstan without a visa. I came from a visa free country. I'm planning to stay here and just do a visa run every 30 days.
Your question answered here https://caravanistan.com/visa/kazakhstan/
0 x

mochiladestino

Post by mochiladestino »

Hey guys,I'm a brazilian citizenship.
Brazilian passport have 30 days free visa within year period to Kazakhstan.
This year period start from 1st of January of every year or from my last visit?
Thanks,
0 x

Julia
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Post by Julia »

mochiladestino wrote:Hey guys,I'm a brazilian citizenship.
Thanks,
Hi.
Could you please share a link to where you found that you have 30 days visa free within a year?

From what I know 30 days visa free regime is not applied to "within a year" or any other time frames.
It's just 30 days from the day you enter Kazakhstan. Doesn't matter when your last visit was.
You don't need to wait or count one year to use 30 days visa-free period.
0 x

mochiladestino

Post by mochiladestino »

Julia wrote:
mochiladestino wrote:Hey guys,I'm a brazilian citizenship.
Thanks,
Hi.
Could you please share a link to where you found that you have 30 days visa free within a year?

From what I know 30 days visa free regime is not applied to "within a year" or any other time frames.
It's just 30 days from the day you enter Kazakhstan. Doesn't matter when your last visit was.
You don't need to wait or count one year to use 30 days visa-free period.
Hi Julia,
I got here: https://caravanistan.com/visa/kazakhstan/
When you check the list, Brazil has a number 5...scroll down and you will see: "5 – up to 30 days within year period""
And this year I already spent 30 days. I leaved the country on 10th August 2019.
So, I'm wondering when can I come back again...10th August 2020? or 1st January 2020?
I already sent many e-mails to different Kazakh embassy and consulates and never got an answer...
0 x

Julia
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Post by Julia »

Hi.
Oh, I see.
I found and read the agreement between Kazakhstan and Brazil on the official legal database.
It's 30 days within a year indeed.
And it's written that a year period starts from the entry day of your first visit to Kazakhstan.
1 x

mochiladestino

Post by mochiladestino »

Julia wrote:Hi.
Oh, I see.
I found and read the agreement between Kazakhstan and Brazil on the official legal database.
It's 30 days within a year indeed.
And it's written that a year period starts from the entry day of your first visit to Kazakhstan.
Ow, thanks Julia. I really appreciate!
Good to know so I need to find another way to get to Bishkek.
0 x

Slarti

Post by Slarti »

Hi there,

We are 2 Swiss passport holders and are planning to travel to Kazakhstan from China in July. We want to do this under the 30-days-visa-free-regime. Now we read about somekind of an Interdepartemental Commission (IDC) permission for land-border entries. Very limited information is on the internet about this topic..

Is this still active?

Can someone tell me about their recent experiences by crossing the land borders of Kazakhstan with/without this permission?

Kind regards :)

///////

In February 2022, Kazakhstan ceased the requirement for an IDC (interdepartmental commission) permit, which foreign nationals previously were obliged to have to enter Kazakhstan. According to the February amendments, an IDC permit is not required for foreign citizens traveling by air from states with a visa-free regime, introduced unilaterally or under bilateral agreements, as well as citizens of states where regular air travel has resumed.

IDC permission is still mandatory if citizens of these countries cross the Kazakhstan border by land transport (train, auto).

///////
0 x

duffajfka

Post by duffajfka »

Crossed KZ borders a couple of times in and out visa-free in the last two months and was never asked for anything like that. Even one time of that was from the Khorgos SEZ in China. Czech passport.
My friends with German and UK passports neither.
0 x

ariadnam

Post by ariadnam »

Hello!

My 30 visa-free days in Kazakhstan are soon coming to an end, I'm planning on doing the "new" visa run, just wanted to confirm that what is said on the blog post that I can leave the country and reenter on the same day is still valid? Also if anyone has done it recently, did you encounter any issues from the border guards?

Thanks a lot!
0 x