Kazakhstan new visa free rule 2015

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Kazakhstan new visa free rule 2015

Post by steven »

srundy wrote:Hey everyone, I've had a search but couldn't find anything, so I'm sorry if I'm reposting this question. I was wondering whether anyone had crossed the border at Khorgas / Khorgos from China into Kazakhstan, and if they had any issues? Do the officers at the border know about the policy? I have both Australian and UK passports, but was planning to use the Australian one. Thanks
See http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/kazakhstan. It's been more than a year, thousands of Western travelers have passed through Khorgos, so the guards now know about the visa-free policy.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

ggg

Post by ggg »

Hi. I'm an American in Russia right now and was wondering if the visa free program is still going on? (30 days). I knew they extended it to Dec 31 2017, but I don't know if it is still going.

If I were to travel to Kazakhstan, I would be flying out from Russia and I wanted to know if this still applies to me.
in addition, what is the procedure for letter of invitation? (do I need one?)

Thank you.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi ggg,

yes it has been extended indefinitely. You do not need a LOI.
0 x

Diravium

Post by Diravium »

Hi Guys, as a member of the EU, I realise that I can stay up to 30 days without a visa, and it gets renewed if I re-enter. Will it also get renewed if I re-enter by a land border, eg from Bishkek?

Edit: I should clarify my post:

So say I arrive in Kazakhstan from the UK at Almaty airport and then cross into Kyrgyzstan vial land border after spending 15 days in Kazakhstan, and then I spend 20 days in Kyrgyzstan, and travel back towards Almaty from Bishkek via land, will my 30 day visa free period in Kazakhstan get renewed at the Kyrgyz-Kazakh border? Even though the stamp on my passport says I arrived at Kazakhstan 45 days ago?

Thanks
0 x

Julia
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Post by Julia »

Hi.
Sure every time you enter Kazakhstan your visa will be renewed.
The stamp in your passport will show you entered 45 days ago. But when you leave the country at Kazakh-Kyrgyz border you'll get exit stamp.
So after exit stamp you can enter Kazakhstan again.
And after you enter the country and get entering stamp they count 30 days again.
I hope I explained it)

Some people travel to Bishkek just for the purpose of renewing their visa.
Doesn't matter if travel by air or land. You'll get stamps and it's all fine.

The only thing I'm not sure is registration.
Before there was a rule about mandatory registration.
You had to go to Migration or some other office to get additional stamp on your migration card.
Then they did that stamp at the airport but if came by land than had to register yourself.
Now there is a new rule. Different for different countries.
Cancelled for some countries or they do it at the border so don't need to go to the office.
I don't know this new confusing rules about registration.
But check for you country. Maybe you don't need to do registration now.
2 x

Diravium

Post by Diravium »

You explained it perfectly! Thank you so much!
0 x

Chnao

Post by Chnao »

Hi everbody

I am german citizen and I have heard that it's only allowed to stay in Kazakhstan 180 days within one calendar year (january to december).

On your website you write:
"Visa runs: You can enter and re-enter visa-free as many times as you like. It is entirely possible to re-enter the same day. Every time you re-enter, you get a fresh 30 days. You can keep doing this for a very long time."

I know that many foreigners do visa run every 30 days to get a new tourist visa and they do that for a very long time indeed. I am just wondering if anyone does have experiences with that 180 days rule and can give me more information.

Thanks
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Chnao wrote:
I am german citizen and I have heard that it's only allowed to stay in Kazakhstan 180 days within one calendar year (january to december).
The person who told you that is wrong. I speak from personal experience, as well as collecting reports from friends and travelers.
1 x

RoverAllover

Post by RoverAllover »

Hello,

Have spent a few weeks researching this and going around in circles.

"Until 31 December 2018 you can travel to Kazakhstan without a visa, provided your stay does not exceed 30 days (the day you arrive counts as day 1, regardless of arrival time)."

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements

Visa Free until 31st December 2018 says the British Website

Every other forum on the internet says to visit Caravanistan

https://caravanistan.com/visa/kazakhstan/

Has no mention of what the visa rules will be after 2018 (Which is only 3 months away.) A U.S passport holder asked a similar question and the reply was that the Visa free program for U.S passport holders has been extended indefinitely (Though there is no citation of this).

The official (UK) Embassy website http://mfa.gov.kz/en/london/content-vie ... -in-the-uk
states

"Effective from 1 January 2017 Nationals of following countries can visit Kazakhstan without obtaining a visa and stay for up to 30 calendar days at each entry."

Though there is no other information.

Can anybody assist here - Have currently booked flights and hotels to Astana and then further flights and hotels in Tashkent, Samarkand etc, etc,
Onward flights to India and then back to Kazakhstan for February 2019.

I can understand that the E-Visa system isn't working in Kazakhstan yet for whatever reason but cannot understand this situation as outlined by the British Gov website with no explanation or follow up anywhere else.

With thanks
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

RoverAllover wrote:
https://caravanistan.com/visa/kazakhstan/

Has no mention of what the visa rules will be after 2018 (Which is only 3 months away.) A U.S passport holder asked a similar question and the reply was that the Visa free program for U.S passport holders has been extended indefinitely (Though there is no citation of this).
I don't read anything about 2018 on Caravanistan, except about the transit visa for Indians. Meaning, this is the visa-free rule, and this is how it will stay indefinitely. There are no mentions of sources on the website, because I cannot link to any government website where you might find this info. It doesn't exist, and it would soon become outdated if it did.

Rather, this is information given to me by the people making the laws: tourism professionals and government officials.
RoverAllover wrote: cannot understand this situation as outlined by the British Gov website with no explanation or follow up anywhere else.
It's clear that you haven't been to Kazakhstan yet :lol:

In general, announcements are made only after the fact. So, somewhere in January 2019 they will announce whether or not to extend the visa-free transit for Indians.
0 x