Kazakhstan new visa free rule 2015

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
JuanGau

Re: Kazakhstan new visa free rule 2015

Post by JuanGau »

I have an Argentine passport, and since last year we don't need a visa to enter Kazakhstan. The fact is that i wanted to enter to Kazakhstan via Kyiv with Ukrainian Airlines, and it seems they didn't had the list of visa free countries updated. So i had to go to Kazakh and Argentinian embassy to tell them my problem, and they were really helpful. They gave me sign documents about the treaty, amd just then they let me take a fly to Almaty, Kazakhstan. When i get to Kazakhstan there was no problem at all. Maybe now through Ukrainian Airlines you'll have no problems thanks to my martirization haha.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Thank you, I have heard before of Argentinians having problems. I think people just can't believe it here that Argentinians would be welcomed! :-)
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Alex Dra

Post by Alex Dra »

We (Swiss citizens) crossed the border from Kyrgyzstan into Kazakhstan on July 23rd at Karkara-Kegen (in the northeast of Kyrgyzstan). Very fast and easy crossing, no questions were asked about our non-existent visa. The border guard just seemed to check a list of the countries, and then we got the stamp. Yay!
0 x

IndianGuy
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Post by IndianGuy »

The issue must have been settled by now. However, wanted to share this info which I found in Ministry of Foreign Affairs's website:

"In accordance with the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated June 26, 2015 № 483 citizens of the United Kingdom, United States of America, Germany, France, Italy, Malaysia, Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, Switzerland, Spain, Belgium, Hungary, Monaco, Singapore, Australia, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Japan are exempt from visa requirements for visits up to 15 calendar days from the moment of crossing the state border between July 16, 2015 to December 31, 2017."

At the bottom of http://mfa.kz/index.php/en/kl-nlknlkna-lksn
0 x
There is more to see in Kazakhstan. Visit my blog:
http://astana-almaty.blogspot.com/

salmanfarisclt

central asia-backpacking

Post by salmanfarisclt »

hi everyone,
I am an Indian, residing in the United Arab Emirates.
I am planning a trip to kazakhistan from UAE overland,
the plan is UAE->Kish island->Iran->Turkmenistan->Uzbekistan->Kyrgistan->Kazakistan->fly back to India from Almaty or Astana.
Just help me how i can apply for the visas in these countries.

btw, I am from Kerala, India, a pretty famous travel destination. so if anyone interested to visit, i am happy to help.

--Salman Faris
0 x

IndianGuy
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Post by IndianGuy »

You have to apply for Visa to enter these all countries in UAE before start of journey from UAE. Depending on your dates, if you arrange your VIsa beforehand, that should be the easiest. Make sure that you will not be travelling to any areas where it may require additional special permit in addition to Visa.

While returning, you can catch Air Astana from Almaty to New Delhi. This is the only direct daily flight that connects India with Kazakhstan.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: central asia-backpacking

Post by bwv812 »

salmanfarisclt wrote: I am planning a trip to kazakhistan from UAE overland,
the plan is UAE->Kish island->Iran->Turkmenistan->Uzbekistan->Kyrgistan->Kazakistan->fly back to India from Almaty or Astana.
Just help me how i can apply for the visas in these countries.
The best bet is to first head to the visa section, http://caravanistan.com/visa/, like the sticky thread suggests. You can find most of the info you need there, including embassy reports.

If you do want to get your visas on the road, it's quite popular to get your Turkmen visa in Tehran/Mashhad, and the Kazakh visa in Bishkek. Of course, collecting all your visas before you leave the UAE will mean less time spent waiting for visas while you're on the road.
0 x

IndianGuy
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Post by IndianGuy »

I forgot to mention one thing earlier. Visa Free Regime will not apply to Indians. So, please have visa ready before crossing any borders. All the best. :)
0 x

sam.pougher

Post by sam.pougher »

Little bit of a question if you guys could help —

I got the boat into Aktau a few weeks back, spent about 6 days cycling to the Uzbek border, now I'm in Bukhara thinking about going to Tashkent, into Kazakhstan again, then into Kyrgyzstan towards Bishkek. Is this possible?

Can I re-enter and get 15 days to use again? Or will I have 7ish days left to use up?

Cheers!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

15 days again.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D