Kazakhstan new visa free rule 2015

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
roro

Re: Kazakhstan new visa free rule 2015

Post by roro »

Just to say that the policeman at the borde told me 14 days, not 15 days...
RR.
0 x

sam.pougher

Post by sam.pougher »

Should be plenty of time for me to cycle around!

Cheers guys.
0 x

Abowd

Post by Abowd »

For those who have gone from Baku to Aktau on the ferry recently, are they accepting passports without visas for this visa free period?

(A lot of info says they require a visa in your passport at the port - the Baku embassy is currently closed, the people taken over with visas aren't 100% sure, and the London Embassy is looking into it! This may seem like a quicker way to find out ;) )
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Are you sure they ask for visas? I think this is only for the turkmen boat, where before you couldcstill get on with a invitation letter. You have plenty of evidence to prove you do not need a visa, so they will accept that. Remember that people like azeris also do not need a visa for kaz, so they understand the basics here.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Jakobvandewiel

Post by Jakobvandewiel »

Hi everyone! Firstly can I say I absolutely love this site! You guys are brilliant!
I'm planning to fly into Kazakhstan (into Almaty or Astana) with my girlfriend in mid March this year, I am an Australian passport holder and she is a UK passport holder. I noticed we are eligible for the 15 day visa on arrival but have read mixed reports about whether we need an LOI for the 15 day visa on arrival?

In the Kazakhstan visa on arrival section of this site it states "You will in any case need a special letter of invitation for visa on arrival from a tourist agency." Is this applicable for us seeing as we are eligible for the 15 day on arrival?
What will we need to have to fly in?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi Jakob,

you are mixing up 2 things here: visa on arrival and visa free. Since you are visa-free, you do not need a visa at all. When you arrive, the border guard will just give you a stamp in your passport, and you're in. No LOI, no visa needed. Yeay!

ps: Thanks for the compliment! You are brilliant too!
0 x

Polh81

Post by Polh81 »

Hi, I'm a Belgian citizen, flying into Astana from Istanbul the 31st of July and leaving Kazachstan from Almaty the 5th August, I wil be 6 days in Kazachstan, do I need a visa or am I visafree ? I read an article on google that Belgium is visafree for investeros but what about Tourists ? Also Can I come without having a tour booked ? Or do I need to have a LOI and a tour booked ?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi Pol, you are visa-free. No tour, no LOI, no visa needed. Enjoy!
0 x

yorian

Post by yorian »

Hi all, yesterday I applied for a Turkmen transit visa in Brussels (itinerary: Iran - Turkmenistan - Kazakhstan), and the guy there didn't know Kazakhstan is visa-free for Dutch citizens (I am Dutch). Luckily I could convince him this is the case. This made me wonder if anyone here has crossed the Kazakh-Turkmen border without a visa for Kazakhstan? Did it go well? I'm a bit paranoid, but I have had problems before with border guards that didn't know the rules, so I would like to hear some experiences.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Yes, I have met at least 1 person who did it, actually on the day the visa-free thing started, and he got through. You can imagine it was not the easiest crossing, but just so you know, you are not the first.
0 x