Kazakhstan new visa free rule 2015

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
DAEMO79

Re: Kazakhstan new visa free rule 2015

Postby DAEMO79 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:00 pm

I have a logistics question about the visa free option. Is it possible to border hop back in again which you can do for Kyrgyzstan? EG.Kazakhstan 15 and Kyrgyzstan 30 days, Kazakhstan 15 days. Life on the road is going to be amazing if this is possible.

Regards,
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:49 am

From http://caravanistan.com/visa/kazakhstan/

You can enter and re-enter visa-free as many times as you like. It is best to enter the next day, rather than the same day, to avoid trouble with the border guards.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

isibxl

Postby isibxl » Mon May 16, 2016 8:53 am

Dear all,
One more question in relation to the 15-days visa-free entry to Kazakhstan (my partner and I are bot eligible):
Our plans are to travel in Kazakhstan first, then spend 4 days in Kyrgyzstan after which we would like to re-enter Kazakhstan for another couple of days before heading to Uzbekistan. Our question is the following: is there a restriction of how many 15-days entries you can do in a year/month or how many days must be in between exit and re-entry to "reset" the clock? Our travel Kazakhstan-Kyrgyzstan-Kazakhstan as described above would be 16 days in total (so the two individual stays in Kazakhstan would be longer than the 15 days), but each individual part in Kazakhstan only less than 15 days. Since we are not sure whether we understand correctly how the visa-free regime works we would appreciate if you could explain what we need to do in our situation.

Many thanks in advance!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Tue May 17, 2016 12:20 pm

isibxl wrote:Dear all,
One more question in relation to the 15-days visa-free entry to Kazakhstan (my partner and I are bot eligible):
Our plans are to travel in Kazakhstan first, then spend 4 days in Kyrgyzstan after which we would like to re-enter Kazakhstan for another couple of days before heading to Uzbekistan. Our question is the following: is there a restriction of how many 15-days entries you can do in a year/month or how many days must be in between exit and re-entry to "reset" the clock? Our travel Kazakhstan-Kyrgyzstan-Kazakhstan as described above would be 16 days in total (so the two individual stays in Kazakhstan would be longer than the 15 days), but each individual part in Kazakhstan only less than 15 days. Since we are not sure whether we understand correctly how the visa-free regime works we would appreciate if you could explain what we need to do in our situation.

Many thanks in advance!

You can enter and re-enter visa-free as many times as you like. It is best to enter the next day, rather than the same day, to avoid trouble with the border guards, but it is possible to re-enter the same day. Every time you re-enter, you get a new 15 days. You can keep doing this for months.
2 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Kathleen

Postby Kathleen » Tue May 24, 2016 12:32 pm

Hi all,
I am a U.S. passport holder planning to be in Kazakhstan for about 3 1/2 weeks later this summer. As far as I understand, thanks to this very helpful site, I can take a weekend in Kyrgyzstan and come back again in order to restart my 15 days and not need to get a visa. I just want to ask if the border guards will want to see proof that I am going to Kyrgyzstan midway through, i.e. do I need to purchase a flight now so that I will have proof I will not overstay? Otherwise I will just take a taxi from Almaty, but obviously this would mean having nothing to show at the border to prove I will leave at the appropriate time.

Thanks!
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Postby bwv812 » Tue May 24, 2016 6:28 pm

I don't think they care about onward travel. If they do, it's very easy to simply say you are leaving overland to Bishkek, and thus don't have an onward ticket. By the same token they should understand you saying you will be visiting Kyrgyzstan before flying back out of Almaty at the end of your trip.
0 x
My 2012 overland trip from Tokyo to Istanbul: https://silkroadwanderings.blogspot.com

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Postby Crazydre » Tue May 24, 2016 11:37 pm

Don't overthink it: many border guards won't even speak any English and therefore simply check your passports+migration Cards and then stamp the Migration Card and possibly the passport.

In the worst-case Scenario, just say how you'll Exit, and that will be it
0 x

marcmichel

Postby marcmichel » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:42 pm

hello

i will probably travel to kazakhstan in a few month. as i am from switzerland, i can stay visa-free for 15days. is there a possibility to extend the duration (like a visa-extension) when i am in kazakhstan, without leaving the country? i couldn'f find an answer on the site.

thanks for your help.

marc
0 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Postby Crazydre » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:57 pm

No, you'll have to exit the country and re-enter (even on the same day is fine)
0 x

srundy

Postby srundy » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:45 am

Hey everyone, I've had a search but couldn't find anything, so I'm sorry if I'm reposting this question. I was wondering whether anyone had crossed the border at Khorgas / Khorgos from China into Kazakhstan, and if they had any issues? Do the officers at the border know about the policy? I have both Australian and UK passports, but was planning to use the Australian one. Thanks
0 x