Embassy report: Turkmenistan visa in Istanbul

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Turkmenıstan transıt vısa - 'unable to apply ın Istanbul

Postby steven » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:10 am

Please read and post reports on the Turkmen embassy in Istanbul below.

We summarize all info in the embassy reports of the Turkmen visa page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

mairi
Supporter
Supporter

Embassy report: Turkmenistan visa in Istanbul

Postby mairi » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:36 am

We just trıed to apply for a Turkmenıstan transıt vısa at the Consulate ın Istanbul (to be pıcked up ın Baku) and were told that we were unable to apply here and that 'ıt has never been possıble'.

Anyone else had a sımılar problem?
0 x

Oasis Overland

Turkmenistan tourist visa success in Istanbul

Postby Oasis Overland » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:44 am

14 July 2015
hi there, just want to let you guys know, we just got 2 tourist visas returned from the turkmen embassy in Istanbul.
went in in the morning and got it returned at 5pm same day. we had our LOI s beforehand.
friendly staff, but no english. called a guy by phone that could translate.

happy days
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Turkmenistan tourist visa success in Istanbul

Postby steven » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:54 pm

Thanks!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Oasis Overland

Re: Embassy report: Turkmenistan visa in Istanbul

Postby Oasis Overland » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:34 pm

Hi, Successfully got a tourist visa for a Swiss national here in one day with a LOI. 9.30 drop off passport with LOI, 5pm collect!
0 x

Dhr Guido

Postby Dhr Guido » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:29 pm

Applied today for a transit visa. After some questions about my purpose of visit, the man nodded and gave me an application form and a template for a motivation letter. I also handed in a passport-size picture and a passport copy. I was requested to send my e-visa for Turkey by email.
After the procedure I was told to call the consulate after 10-15 days to inform if my request is accepted.

Notes:
- on the application you are required to provide a contact adress in Turkmenistan.
- were I to do it again, I'd bring a copy of my e-visa for Turkey.
0 x

Dhr Guido

Postby Dhr Guido » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:42 am

Update: my visa request turned out successful. From Iran I telephoned the Istanbul embassy 15 days after application and was given a code to bring to the Tehran embassy.
Pick up was very fast and easy. Staff very friendly and helpful; I arrived an hour after closing time and they re-opened to put the visa in my passport. I was given 5 days for the transit (even though I only asked for 3 on the application form)
0 x

miaesper

Postby miaesper » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:18 pm

We went today (one danish, one belgian) to the Turkmenistan embassy in Istanbul. We wanted to apply for transit visa but were told that this was not possible and never had been. I referred to reading the above account but the man didn't know anything about that. He kept repeating that we needed a LOI and we told him that it was our impression that we didn't. In the end, he told us to go to Tehran and apply instead.
0 x

mr-anderson

Postby mr-anderson » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:42 pm

Just tried to obtain a transit Visa in Istanbul. Event hough they assured us it was possible when we called, it wasn't when we actually tried.
You can only apply with a turkish resident card or if your country does not have any embassy of Turmenistan. 15 Minutes of negotiations didn't help....
2 x

galax

Postby galax » Mon May 08, 2017 6:50 am

Just out from Turkmen Consulate in Istanbul, they reaffirmed me transit visa can only be applied there with Turkish resident card i.e. not for foreigner, they said even in Ankara it sbould be the same, even though I saw successful case in Ankara from this forum
1 x